iOS 4 Hidden Secrets (?)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well I thought I saw more options for it earlier, but apparently it's only for accessibility features.

Settings->General->Accessibility-> and it's at the bottom.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
The double tap + hold was in an earlier beta and depending on how you restored (backup or new) it either pulled whatever you had it set before or the phone favorites since that was the default. The gizmodo article is from April 12th so it is not up to date. You can see another one of the features they have listed that is different and that is closing apps which you are now given the ability to close multiple apps and the App folders with alerts, at the time the article was written when viewed from the closed folder it showed a red "!" but now it is the total number of notifications in the folder.

Character count is there, maybe it is turned off or a bug still there from the beta. In the betas sometimes it would disappear and if you force closed the messages app (or restart the phone for non-multitasking phones) it should reappear.

addertay

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I also couldn't seem to figure out the contact pics showing in email. :( wonder if it's because I use MobileMe?

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I love the new iPhone 4 and the OS but for the life of me I don't understand why they didn't put the contact pics with the Contacts app. To me this seems so "Apple", frankly it's rather shocking that they haven't thought of it nor implemented it, yet. Thank God for Saurik who brings us the wonderful Cydia app called Cyntacts. So simple, yet, so necessary, almost.

Can't wait for the effortless iPhone 4 Jailbreak! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
Ok, I just found this and I haven't seen it posted yet. Double click the home button to get to your multi-tasking/recent dock. Then swipe to the right in the dock area and it opens up the ipod controls and screen rotation lock control.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I love the new iPhone 4 and the OS but for the life of me I don't understand why they didn't put the contact pics with the Contacts app. To me this seems so "Apple", frankly it's rather shocking that they haven't thought of it nor implemented it, yet. Thank God for Saurik who brings us the wonderful Cydia app called Cyntacts. So simple, yet, so necessary, almost.

Can't wait for the effortless iPhone 4 Jailbreak! :cool:
Probably because a lot of us have more than 5 contacts and it would take twice as long to scroll through if the pic was next to every name. It shows the pic once you click their name though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Ok, I just found this and I haven't seen it posted yet. Double click the home button to get to your multi-tasking/recent dock. Then swipe to the right in the dock area and it opens up the ipod controls and screen rotation lock control.
I believe that was intro'd at the keynote.