iOS 5.0.1 beta - Brings Multitask Gestures to iPad 1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm so glad Apple decided to do this, to be honest I didn't expect to see this on the iPad 1 without modifying the OS. Ever.

The update is only available to developers at the moment but should hit the streets in a matter of days.

Thought I'd share my happiness :)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Ive noticed much better battery life since downloading 5.0.1 beta
Tom
I've installed iOS 5.0.1 on my iPhone 4 and it's running well, I've used my phone a lot more than normal today with both calls and data etc so I couldn't pass any judgment on improved battery life.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
When the release comes to the general public it will be the first time everyone (non beta testers) use over the air updates. We will see problems and issues over that.

You're probably right. I expect it to work better than the release of iOS 5. They shouldn't have released it at a stupid time in the US. They should have made it available while you guys were asleep so the rest of the world could play catch up.

As daft as it sounds, not that many people will jump on iOS 5.0.1 apart from those with battery issues - mainly because they want their iOS 5 un-tethered jailbreak.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
You're probably right. I expect it to work better than the release of iOS 5. They shouldn't have released it at a stupid time in the US. They should have made it available while you guys were asleep so the rest of the world could play catch up.

As daft as it sounds, not that many people will jump on iOS 5.0.1 apart from those with battery issues - mainly because they want their iOS 5 un-tethered jailbreak.
Didn't think about that John. Good point.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com

I don't think the .x updates like this one will cause problems. Their file sizes are typically under 200MB and a lot of 'normal' users who don't follow the tech press day in and day out aren't even aware of updates immediately. I don;t think the jailbreakers holding off makes much difference, given that jailbreakers account for something like 10% or less of users.