iOS 5.0.1 Jailbroken via Redsn0w (Tethered)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
This latest release from Apple is jailbreakable via Redsn0w. @MuscleNerd has updated Redsn0w and is available for download here for Mac and here for Windows. You will need to point Redsn0w at iOS 5.0 .ipsw file - then let Redsn0w it's thing.

For more information you can read the Dev-Team's blog and update #16 here.

FYI - iOS 5.0.1 is only available to those with an Apple Dev account.

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
I don't think we'll get a legit jail break until Apple pushes out a few more updates. I.E. the battery fix for iOS5.
This untethered JB that I am on is a little more stable than it was a week ago. I been trying to DL what I need then stay off Cydia as much as possible :)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I don't think we'll get a legit jail break until Apple pushes out a few more updates. I.E. the battery fix for iOS5.
This untethered JB that I am on is a little more stable than it was a week ago. I been trying to DL what I need then stay off Cydia as much as possible :)
Why are you staying off Cydia?

I think we'll see a full on release quite soon, well at least I hope so anyway :)

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
Why are you staying off Cydia?

I think we'll see a full on release quite soon, well at least I hope so anyway :)
I agree J.
I been staying off cause at first i been DL'ing things that are not compatible and it'd loop me to safe mode, and crash my spring board and folders. I downloaded the essential though.
I hope the devs are 'hard at work'!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I agree J.
I been staying off cause at first i been DL'ing things that are not compatible and it'd loop me to safe mode, and crash my spring board and folders. I downloaded the essential though.
I hope the devs are 'hard at work'!
Well iOS 5.0.1 beta 2 has just been released so I think the jailbreak dev's may hang back a bit :(

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
iPhonewarrior
5 Nov 2011 09:41
PinkBanana said:
Ok. I won't poke you. I'll write a stupid message on your wall... I'll make you look like a geek.

Yeah I'll be a geek lol.