iOS 5.0.1 Un-Tethered (A4 Devices and Older ONLY) Jailbreak Released

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by iphonewarrior, Dec 27, 2011.

1. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

You read correctly.

iOS 5.0.1 un-tethered jailbreak has been released for all A4 devices. You can use either Greenpois0n or Redsn0w.

Greenpois0n can be downloaded for Mac here and Windows here (no longer available). This version is RC6.1.

For Redsn0w users, you can download the Mac version here and Windows version here. This version is 0.9.10b1.

Updated Redsn0w version 0.9.10.b2. Mac version can be downloaded here and the Windows version here. If you used the 0.9.10b1 version of Redsn0w you can simply run b2 over the top. But make sure you deselect the Install Cydia check box.

Updated Redsn0w version 0.9.10b3. Mac version can be downloaded here and the Windows version here. If you used 0.9.10b2 and you can simply run b3 over the top. But make sure you deselect the Install Cydia check box. This release fixes the Mobile Substrate problems people were getting.If you ran b2 and it stopped a few of your Cydia apps, reinstalled Mobile Substrate and it'll work as normal.

If you are already on iOS 5.0.1 and jailbroken (tethered) you have two methods to un-tether. One method would be to download the latest version Redsn0w and run the jailbreak as normal (not the boot tethered method) but make sure you deselect the Install Cydia check-box. Second method (much easier) is to launch Cydia on your tethered jailbroken iOS 5.0.1 (it's got to be iOS 5.0.1) and install a new package called Corona 5.0.1.

You are now un-tethered. Enjoy. Merry Christmas :)

Also, there have been reports from the early adopters of this jailbreak - SemiTether doesn't work very nicely with Corona. Be careful.

If people want jailbreak guides on eiC, I will gladly write them.

* Update: Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 has been released to fix the Mobile Substrate problems. *

#1 iphonewarrior, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
  2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Update: Corona put my iPhone 4 into a boot loop. Tried everything I know to get out of this, no luck. Restoring to stock iOS 5.0.1 and re-jailbreaking with Redsn0w.

If you're tethered, I recommend running the latest version Redsn0w over your current tethered jailbreak.

3. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I saw this and thought I'd check out his board and glad I did.

One question, though. I saw this on facebook: "if you got the ios 5.0.1 tetheard and got a lot downloaded from cydia and you run the untether by useing redsnow you will not be able to see the things you have installed." Is this true?

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

What do you mean? Are you saying if you run the new version of Redsn0w over the top of the tethered jailbreak you wont be able to see your previously installed Cydia packages?

5. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

That's what they say. Here's more: "well if you got sbsettings installed in wont say it in cydis installed section but you can still use sbsettings like normal tho i might email the dev team and ask them about it."

This is who is posting this on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Limitless.Jailbroken.iDevices

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I'd love for you to write up a guide for eiC, which we can repost here in the forums. If you have the time that is...

7. madchanson

madchanson New Member

8. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

I am Tethered 5.0

I will upgrade to a 5.0.1 as brand new, and Jailbreak it then. I hope it is a decent jailbreak. I am tired of setting up Cydia and Hacks over and over again.

9. ~DS~

~DS~ Member
    Bronze

Jailbroken it and no idea what to install tweaks to install...

10. doppelganger

doppelganger Member
    Bronze

Were you semi-tethered? I read comments on other sites that say to delete the semi-tether when using Corona. Not sure if that would have worked though since I untethered with redsn0w over a fresh 5.0.1 install (I like jailbreaks on a clean install).

11. iconone

iconone Zealot
    Gold

Best way is to watch you tube videos on it. Here is one of that I subscribe to, he does some of the best Cydia videos on YouTube.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/lllREMYlll/videos

Any other news on the untethered jb? I will be doing it very soon. I can't wait!

12. GSXRMike

GSXRMike Member
    Silver

Now if we can only get a JB for the 4S!

13. avin7000

avin7000 Member
    Bronze

I have 5.0.1 iPhone 4, 16GB GSM version. The JB is stuck on Apple logo on device after pwnApple screen has appeared.

What to do ?

14. IceCold357

IceCold357 Contributor
    Silver

Great vids! Cannot wait for the 4S to be a go.

15. gokart

gokart Member
    Bronze

I jail broke with redsn0w and when I try to install corona I get the following errors:

subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Any help?

16. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

Redsnow teathered or not teathered? If you just jailbroke with unteathered redsnow, you aren't supposed to install corona.

17. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Blog or threads?

18. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Blog post with follow-up thread in forums.

19. avin7000

avin7000 Member
    Bronze

20. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Understood.