iOS 5.0-iPhone4S-Untethered JB

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
Why not Untethered JB yet? I heard November 11th but it came and went.

anyone have a clue when an UN-Tethered JB will be released for iPhone 4S running IOS 5.0?

chavezr6

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
I was waiting too but went ahead with the untethered version and DL'd the semitether app from cydia and it works great. Restores the phone in case it has to be turned off, or loses power to a usable state minus internet and mail.

avin7000

Bronze
Jun 7, 2011
^mate any issues you having with it ? Even I am thinking to upgrade my iPhone 4 from 4.3.3 to iOS 5 tethered.

Thank you :)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
^mate any issues you having with it ? Even I am thinking to upgrade my iPhone 4 from 4.3.3 to iOS 5 tethered.

Thank you :)
I've been using the iOS 5 tethered jailbreak since the release of the GM weeks ago. It's stable and runs well with SemiTether, which is also stable. SemiTether is a perfect app for those (like me) who want to be jailbroken and don't need to worry about a dead battery etc.

The jailbreak was un-stable in the early days but it's much better now.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I've been using the iOS 5 tethered jailbreak since the release of the GM weeks ago. It's stable and runs well with SemiTether, which is also stable. SemiTether is a perfect app for those (like me) who want to be jailbroken and don't need to worry about a dead battery etc.

The jailbreak was un-stable in the early days but it's much better now.
iPhonewarrior, is semi-tether stable on 5.0.2? I think I might just JB. I can't wait anymore for the untethered JB.