iOS 5.01 JB questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Trason Landefeld, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Trason Landefeld

Trason Landefeld New Member

Ok used redsnow to do the un-tethered jb on my phone the process worked have cydia installed now but it is telling me that it cannot find SB settings I can't down load winter board and other basic apps as well. Keeps telling me that it can't download one package I believe it is a big boss package. Anyone else having these issues and what can I do?

2. miked91893

miked91893 Member
    Bronze

Same here...I'm currently trying to figure it out. If I do I'll let you know.

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

The best thing you can do is to refresh your sources/repo's and wait a few hours. Since a new un-tethered jailbreak has been released today, Cydia and it's associated repo's have been hammered by lots of traffic. You will see there errors over the next few days.

4. miked91893

miked91893 Member
    Bronze

Just read the same thing on another blog. Thanks.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Yep. Seems to be a known issue now, especially since it's a brand new JB.

6. BostonDriver

BostonDriver New Member

I jail broke using redsnow and had the same issue of packages failing to download. I restored my phone wondering if something went wrong but after re-jailbreaking it I still have the same problem. Can't load any of my previously purchased cydia apps, or even download ones that do show up and look as if they are available. I'm hoping this is all due to heavy traffic from the untethered release!

7. Trason Landefeld

Trason Landefeld New Member

Thanks a lot guys thats kind of what I thought. So no one can download SB settings or anything? I'm happy to have my untethered jb back so I won't complain just wanted to see if I was the only one.

8. miked91893

miked91893 Member
    Bronze

I'm installing SBSettings now...

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Which JB program did you use? If Redsnow, does it seem to be running smoother now?

10. miked91893

miked91893 Member
    Bronze

Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 It runs smoother so far....safari is running WAY faster on both my iPad and iPhone 4.

11. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Is it just me or does the camera load much faster (on a iPhone 4) now than on 4.3.3?

12. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Yes it does. Have you tried launching the camera from the Lockscreen yet? Double-tap the home button and tap the camera icon. Boom. It's up! It's probably a little quicker for me because I've got FakeClockUp installed as well.

13. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Oh yeah, FakeClockUp is in full effect here. :)

I use doubletap on the lockscreen to skip iPod tracks for ease of use in the car. So I've assigned volume up to launch the camera from the lockscreen. Works well since the volume up button then works as the shutter. The speed is wonderful. I'm really hoping it doesn't get slower and slower over time as it always seems to for some reason.

14. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Are you using Winterboard? It's been updated and runs much much smoother on iOS 5, no longer a huge memory hog. How you finding iOS 5? I know you remained on iOS 4 until the jailbreak was released.

15. TJL7386

TJL7386 Member
    Bronze

Anyone having issues installing themes? I got SBsettings and winterboard to download last night.

16. BostonDriver

BostonDriver New Member

Not sure if this will help at all, but there was a Redsnow update released already... now version 0.9.10b2

You can go to the link below to download it. I already did, but will ahve to wait til I get home from work to be able to try jailbreaking again.

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/14857834236/untethered-holidays

I've still had no luck loading anything from cydia... Keep getting package errors :(

17. TJL7386

TJL7386 Member
    Bronze

For someone who has a little more knowledge then I do, do I need to re-JB with the new redsnow? I used it yesterday as a fresh JB was not tethered before. What is this new update for?

18. BostonDriver

BostonDriver New Member

It says you can apply the new JB update over the previous version, but to uncheck the "install Cydia" box since it's already installed.

19. TJL7386

TJL7386 Member
    Bronze

Right I saw that what does the update do?

20. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I'll update the opening post to this thread shortly.