iOS 5.01 JB questions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Ok used redsnow to do the un-tethered jb on my phone the process worked have cydia installed now but it is telling me that it cannot find SB settings I can't down load winter board and other basic apps as well. Keeps telling me that it can't download one package I believe it is a big boss package. Anyone else having these issues and what can I do?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
The best thing you can do is to refresh your sources/repo's and wait a few hours. Since a new un-tethered jailbreak has been released today, Cydia and it's associated repo's have been hammered by lots of traffic. You will see there errors over the next few days.

Feb 7, 2011
Boston
Just read the same thing on another blog. Thanks.
I jail broke using redsnow and had the same issue of packages failing to download. I restored my phone wondering if something went wrong but after re-jailbreaking it I still have the same problem. Can't load any of my previously purchased cydia apps, or even download ones that do show up and look as if they are available. I'm hoping this is all due to heavy traffic from the untethered release!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Is it just me or does the camera load much faster (on a iPhone 4) now than on 4.3.3?
Yes it does. Have you tried launching the camera from the Lockscreen yet? Double-tap the home button and tap the camera icon. Boom. It's up! It's probably a little quicker for me because I've got FakeClockUp installed as well.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yes it does. Have you tried launching the camera from the Lockscreen yet? Double-tap the home button and tap the camera icon. Boom. It's up! It's probably a little quicker for me because I've got FakeClockUp installed as well.
Oh yeah, FakeClockUp is in full effect here. :)

I use doubletap on the lockscreen to skip iPod tracks for ease of use in the car. So I've assigned volume up to launch the camera from the lockscreen. Works well since the volume up button then works as the shutter. The speed is wonderful. I'm really hoping it doesn't get slower and slower over time as it always seems to for some reason.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Oh yeah, FakeClockUp is in full effect here. :)

I use doubletap on the lockscreen to skip iPod tracks for ease of use in the car. So I've assigned volume up to launch the camera from the lockscreen. Works well since the volume up button then works as the shutter. The speed is wonderful. I'm really hoping it doesn't get slower and slower over time as it always seems to for some reason.
Are you using Winterboard? It's been updated and runs much much smoother on iOS 5, no longer a huge memory hog. How you finding iOS 5? I know you remained on iOS 4 until the jailbreak was released.

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
For someone who has a little more knowledge then I do, do I need to re-JB with the new redsnow? I used it yesterday as a fresh JB was not tethered before. What is this new update for?