iOS 5.01 JB questions

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Are you using Winterboard? It's been updated and runs much much smoother on iOS 5, no longer a huge memory hog. How you finding iOS 5? I know you remained on iOS 4 until the jailbreak was released.
It's nice to finally be here. iOS5 seems very nimble. App launches (especially the camera) seem snappier. I'm loving Siri0us.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It's nice to finally be here. iOS5 seems very nimble. App launches (especially the camera) seem snappier. I'm loving Siri0us.
Have you looked into Spire?

I've been playing with Spire, it's complicated and it's making me go cross-eyed. I have the correct tokens for the iPhone 4S, but, some of the steps on the way to Siri are so confusing.

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
iPhonewarrior, will Spire give me the ability to voice command my texts and notes? I know it can't access the Apple servers to do searches bcuz of the proxy but does it work for just voice to text?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
iPhonewarrior, will Spire give me the ability to voice command my texts and notes? I know it can't access the Apple servers to do searches bcuz of the proxy but does it work for just voice to text?
As far as I'm aware it should work.

miked91893

Bronze
Jan 7, 2011
Ashkum, IL
I Tried the b2 redsn0w and unchecked the install cydia box....had to restore and re jb.
All of the apps/tweaks I had installed weren't recognized.

After the restore/re-jb with redsn0w 0.9.10b2, everything is working fine so far.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I Tried the b2 redsn0w and unchecked the install cydia box....had to restore and re jb.
All of the apps/tweaks I had installed weren't recognized.

After the restore/re-jb with redsn0w 0.9.10b2, everything is working fine so far.
What's weird for me is it wasn't working good, wasn't downloading anything, then that night I was in bed and it started working just fine without another re-jb.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You don't need to get Siri running to get this ability. Siri0us is out, available, and has been running pretty flawlessly for me for dictation. Works just like Siri does but apparently doesn't have the token/server issue that full-blown Siri rips do.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
You don't need to get Siri running to get this ability. Siri0us is out, available, and has been running pretty flawlessly for me for dictation. Works just like Siri does but apparently doesn't have the token/server issue that full-blown Siri rips do.
I have Siri0us on my 3GS but it doesn't seem to be activated and I can't find it in Settings. What am I missing?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I have Siri0us on my 3GS but it doesn't seem to be activated and I can't find it in Settings. What am I missing?
There are no settings. Go into a document, text message, or web page and go to type something. You should see a microphone next to your space button. If not, you may not have a good enough connection for it to show up. I read that you need to have bars for it to appear.

~DS~

Bronze
Dec 18, 2011
Wasn't Siri0us illegal and pulled from Cydia?

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
I am SO happy they finally came up with an un-tethered JB. To those people who are having issues with re-loading their Cydia app/themes etc, are you using any restoration apps (eg pkgbackup)? Is it possible you don't have all your repos? I'm postponing my JB for about a week until things quiet down. I wonder when Apple will release an updated version of their OS to close the hole that was breached.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my EIC comrades!