iOS 5.1 Upgrade - No Blue Bubbles

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Lon, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I have had at least two friends upgrade to 5.1 and they no longer have the blue message bubbles in iMessage. They both upgraded over the air. Anyone else experience this or have an explanation or fix?

2. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Tell them to check their settings under iMessage... make sure it's turned on and that they're signed in under the "receive at" section.

3. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Both have iMessages enabled, but I totally overlooked the Received At function. I just emailed to both and will see if that works. Thanks Dave.

4. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Darn it! :mad: Checked the Messages in Settings and everything was as it should be.
    Any more suggestions? I guess no one else has experienced this.....

5. >>|ZERO|<<

>>|ZERO|<< New Member

I've experienced this. Their device may not be recognized as an Apple iPhone with iMessage.

It may be like when someone has an iPhone with iMessage and they buy a droid and switch to it. They will sometimes not get their messages as some people may still be using iMessage. It was like you had to unregister their device.

Maybe they need to register? If not, take it to the Apple store.

6. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

Had this happen when my bro upgraded to 5.1 and I had not upgraded yet. I could iMessage my wife(not upgraded) but couldn't iMessage him(upgraded).. Maybe that was your situation?

7. robinhooddaffy

Bronze

need help. I had to go back to my iPhone 3gs. I can not get ios 5.1.1 to download. it starts then will say it cannot connect after a few minutes. Everything else works fine, my internet works fine. is there another link or a site to download the file?