iOS 5 App Icons Bug

alamarco

Bronze
Nov 28, 2008
Canada
myfigurecollection.net
This bug is both funny and worrisome as I'm sure people don't like their icons being messed around with.

I had just downloaded an app on my third page and proceeded to put it in a folder. The third page had nothing going on and everything seemed fine. You can imagine the horror when I switch to my first and second pages and see the app icons all over the place.

The first page had a ton of icons shoved into the top left corner and the second page had icons overlapping each other. I have never seen or heard of this happening before. I restarted the iPad (made sure to not shutdown, but force a restart) and the icons appeared as they were before the bug.

Very weird, but in my case no harm was done. I can only imagine the amount of anger if the icons would of been thrown all over the place and no longer organized how I use my iPad.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? :)

IMG_0399.JPG IMG_0400.JPG IMG_0401.JPG

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I hold my breath everytime I add an app and sync. This same thing has been happening to me since iPad 1. It does not happen all the time and it never happens on my iPhone. I have searched and came up with no solution.