iOS 5 Bugs

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Ffmaster1, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Ffmaster1

Ffmaster1 Member
    Bronze

I have ip 4 and installed ios 5.
    There is a bunch of problems,like: ringer volume is at max but it is quite,same with playing songs.
    Once safari and app store crush.
    When changin songs in lock screen it first pause song then moves to next,and when i unlock it ,it goed really slow plus sometimes I don't get artwork and play,next button just up line with name of track.
    some songs exist on my phone when i look through iTunes but not on phone.
    It changed artwork of albums....
    It is restored twice with different ipsw..anybody have same problems and anybody help this is drivin' me crazy!

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Try hard resetting your phone, you can do this by holding down your home button and power buttons - release when you see the white Apple logo.

3. Ffmaster1

Ffmaster1 Member
    Bronze

This wouldn't help.i already restored it twice!

4. swampduck

swampduck Member
    Bronze

I found that even with a reset I sometimes can't get to the internet for email, browsing, etc. The only way I was able to get it to work again was by turning 3g off, and then browsing...once it got there, i turned 3g back on and all was good. I have ios5 on an iPhone 4

5. swampduck

swampduck Member
    Bronze

I had all my songs have the same album artwork after my upgrade...I did a re-sync and the artwork was correct again.

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

What iPhonewarrior said was a hard reset which is different than a restore. It's a hard reboot for the phone.

Sent from my iPhone4s using iCafe app

7. swampduck

swampduck Member
    Bronze

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't a restore of the phone also do a reset? It reboots the phone after the restore is complete? Not arguing, just asking

8. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

A small but annoying bug I found on my iPod touch 4th gen, when I turn it off the clicky sound takes a little longer to make noise then it should and then until the click occurs I can't turn the iPod touch on again.

9. Ffmaster1

Ffmaster1 Member
    Bronze

I wouldn't do restore before I do hard reset ...but think that both do similar thing ..:)

10. Ffmaster1

Ffmaster1 Member
    Bronze

I just wanted to know if other pelople have problems too so it will be reparied in updates...i have much more problems than others :/

11. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

A restore does what the name implies... It restores the phone (overwrites software, iOS)
    The 'hard reset' is like pulling the plug on your computer. Does a hard shutdown of the phone, but does not replace / overwrite anything.
    It can get rather confusing.

Sent from my iPhone4s using iCafe app 1.8.1

12. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

In a way, but not 'technically'. You can restore a computer. / phone and it will reboot, but sometimes things need a lite kickstart by having the device completely shut off, then restarted.

Sent from my iPhone4s using iCafe app 1.8.1

13. Ffmaster1

Ffmaster1 Member
    Bronze

Ok.i will try but something is wrong with my iPhone/ios... :/

14. SideFx

SideFx New Member

iOS5 on iPhone4. After iOS5 I sync iTunes and some songs won't play. They are there at ACC format.

15. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I posted in another thread I have a couple "crashing" issues. Nothing major. More like the app just closes. Safari randomly closes, App Store does too and those are Apple apps. I expect we will see an update as these have several posts on the Apple support forums about the same thing. Fox News and photobucket also randomly close.

Never had to reset the phone or anything to get them to open again. When photobucket closes I have to kill the app in the task switcher area though before I can reopen.

16. Ffmaster1

Ffmaster1 Member
    Bronze

17. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

yes, it's troublesome but it doesn't stop me from using the phone. I have to cut them some slack somewhere because the hard core guys are calling me a iBasher.

18. Ffmaster1

Ffmaster1 Member
    Bronze

Me neither!iPhone is the best!so sure it will be fixed in next update!:D

19. sMhsn

sMhsn Member
    Bronze

Of course i cant stop using iPhone cos its the best these are few bugs which will most probably be solved in the next update for sure...
    Few issues i am facing, after the iOS 5 update i am not able to get notifications from facebook, twitter, whatsapp, echofon, hootsuite, cnn app there is a llong list of such apps i have restored my phone trice, twice i have restored it as New but still no luck so far!

--
    Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app!

20. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I have noticed I am getting notifications, but no sound associated with a facebook notification.