iOS 5 Discussion Thread

Beemer

Bronze
Jan 24, 2010
Calgary AB, Scottsdale, AZ
Is there an IOS5 discussion thread started somewhere? Anyone installing this tonight?

Becareful of this note in the release notes:

• Devices updated to iOS 5 beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS. Devices will be able to upgrade to future beta releases and the final iOS 5 software.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
[quote="Beemer, post: 815152"
Becareful of this note in the release notes:

• Devices updated to iOS 5 beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS. Devices will be able to upgrade to future beta releases and the final iOS 5 software.
[/quote]

I'm preparing to keep a count of how many hapless beta users will post threads along the lines of:

"Why can't I roll back to 4.3.x?," or "I can't downgrade my firmware!"

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Anyone loaded it yet? Is it glitchy? I'm downloading it now........

Beemer

Bronze
Jan 24, 2010
I am downloading also. I have an old 3GS that I will be upgrading to see how it works. I will wait a couple of beta's before I upgrade my 4G. I also usually sync my 4G with my PC but it appears you need to use a MAC to upgrade with the early beta. Since I have never sync'd with the MAC, that's another reason I will be only upgrading the 3Gs.

DZSlasher

Bronze
Jun 8, 2009
@Napoleon_Phone

What device did you update to iOS 5?

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I wonder how this is working . WE have 3 iPhones and 1 ipad . All on 1 account. Now my hubby has totally different things on his phone, then my kid and I . But if it automatically updates are we getting stuff from each other?
That would stink my kid downloads a buttload crappy free Apps

Beemer

Bronze
Jan 24, 2010
Well so much for putting IOS5 on my old 3Gs. You will need snow leopard before you can install iTunes 10.5 and my MAC is quite old, iBook G4.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I'm back........ After a long depature I'm back. Apple finally nailed it with IOS5. Downloaded it to my iPad and am in love again. They finally took all the things I live about my WP7 device and made it happen in IOS plus a bunch.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm back........ After a long depature I'm back. Apple finally nailed it with IOS5. Downloaded it to my iPad and am in love again. They finally took all the things I live about my WP7 device and made it happen in IOS plus a bunch.
Oh, sure...

Come crawling back in here and not expect to get some flak...:D

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Oh, sure...

Come crawling back in here and not expect to get some flak...:D
Oh I'll take any flak I'm given. My phone will remain a WP7 because I'm interested to see what they do in the fall, but I must admit all the announcements today for the first time gave me thought of switching back to an iPhone.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Oh come on at least give me a URL that isn't a 404 :)

Btw, how did I become a new member again. I kind of like it.

Last edited by a moderator: