iOS 5 Discussion Thread

beachball

Oct 12, 2011
this is the best update yet.. custom text tones and this notification system is beast!
can you explain how i can get custom text and ring tones? i don't mean like buying them from the store, but making them myself and putting them on my phone. thanks a lot

InyigoMontoya

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 17, 2011
Indiana
I have gotten some iTunes cards for the iOS5 release! Not found anything to buy yet I guess Newstand may just be where I go
Good marketing on their part. Now that I can't move it, I feel like I need to fill it with content.

can you explain how i can get custom text and ring tones? i don't mean like buying them from the store, but making them myself and putting them on my phone. thanks a lot
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/how-to-set-my-own-ringtone.14444/

InyigoMontoya

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 17, 2011
Indiana
I know it looks soo empty but then the selection ... I also was disappointed with the Cards App NO selction there either
I'm guessing the Newsstand will get better with time. The Cards app I'm not really sold on yet. But it could prove useful this holiday season...

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I'm guessing the Newsstand will get better with time. The Cards app I'm not really sold on yet. But it could prove useful this holiday season...
I wanted to send my mom a card with Fall leaves or something
I also want my Christmas cards to say "Merry Christmas" I like red and green traditional
Now I could start adding at the addresses
But then my hubby has 1 but only 1 job over the Holidays and that is writing cards I already bought them too
I enjoy him speding a day handwriting LOL
He is so not tech savvy

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I got as far as backing up your phone, So sloooowwww.
I rather wait for the 4S to get here.

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
Ok may be a dumb question...but will it continue to update if my screensaver comes on?

jcmitchell5

Contributor
Silver
Feb 19, 2010
Arkansas
Took me about 30 tries to get my phone updated and I try my wife's phone... 1st try... Just glad I didn't have to go through all that again ha