iOS 5 Jailbreak help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 12, 2011
Just downloaded the redsn0w jailbreak for ios5.0. After installing a few packages, my phone kept entering safe mode because springboard was crashing, and rebooting every 4 minutes. I went into cydia to delete all the packages, did so, and now cydia won't open at all, and my device still keeps rebooting. Any suggestions on what to do?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Just downloaded the redsn0w jailbreak for ios5.0. After installing a few packages, my phone kept entering safe mode because springboard was crashing, and rebooting every 4 minutes. I went into cydia to delete all the packages, did so, and now cydia won't open at all, and my device still keeps rebooting. Any suggestions on what to do?
My suggestion is to go the easy route and less stressful route since you're having issues with your device right now not staying on. I had this same issue. You need to go ahead and restore your iPhone through iTunes, re-sync everything to your iPhone, re-JB and then install one package at a time and make sure it works successfuly or it doesn't effect your phone. If it puts you into safe mode, then remove it.

Nov 12, 2011
Thanks MoneyMaker, doesn't Cydia automatically download packages, could these be culprits? As you can tell, I'm fairly new to jailbreaking.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Thanks MoneyMaker, doesn't Cydia automatically download packages, could these be culprits? As you can tell, I'm fairly new to jailbreaking.
That's quite alright. Actually, Cydia does not automatically download new updates/upgrades. You can open Cydia, however, and check for updates and install them pretty quickly. Some may force you to restart your iPhone. Don't worry, any problem you have with your iPhone can be fixed. :)

*I shouldn't say "any". More like "most" problems can be fixed. But this one CAN be fixed. :)*

Nov 12, 2011
Thankyou for your prompt responses, since it appears as if you know your way around the phone, what jailbreak would you recommend for an iPhone 3gs (now) with ios 5.0.1? My first one that was giving me problems was redsn0w 0.9.9b6, but now that I'm restoring via iTunes I have to have the latest software, and I'm not sure what jailbreak has proven to work best.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Thankyou for your prompt responses, since it appears as if you know your way around the phone, what jailbreak would you recommend for an iPhone 3gs (now) with ios 5.0.1? My first one that was giving me problems was redsn0w 0.9.9b6, but now that I'm restoring via iTunes I have to have the latest software, and I'm not sure what jailbreak has proven to work best.
I would still recommend using Redsn0w. That's the only JB program I have used the most. Sn0wbreeze isn't bad either. I don't remember it enough to say anything about it. Redsn0w is easy and straight to the point.

Like I said above, make sure you download each package or tweak, whatever it may be, one at a time to ensure your iPhone or iPod doesn't go crazy. This was a suggestion for me. I downloaded everything at one time through Cydia and my iPhone crashed every time I would reboot it, etc.

*From what I just read, the JB is for developers of JB apps only. Not too sure on this yet. I am staying un-JB until further notice or until a final version/untethered JB is released.*

I was able to successfuly JB on iOS 5.0 no problem. However, I didn't download stuff one at a time, so my iPhone went crazy and into safe mode. Not sure about a JB tethered for 5.0.1.