iOS 5 Mail: more than 200 messages?

ugzruben

Nov 3, 2007
Will the new iOS allow the device to store more than 200 messages?

I get so many emails in a day that sometimes messages gets removed. I have a bout 7 days worth but would be nice if was at least a month. Ideally 3 months worth is good at least that's what my blackberry could hold (I do not want to go back to blackberry)

I did a search before I posted this so forgive me if this is a duplicate post.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I haven't ever heard of a limitation on the number of email messages the iPhone can hold. The flash memory storage space (32 GB max) is the only limitation I'm aware of. However, if you are using IMAP email rather than POP, you're limited by the provider. I think Gmail has a 7 GB max.

So, 3 months worth is no problem. :)

enjoylife1788

Bronze
Jan 7, 2011
I haven't ever heard of a limitation on the number of email messages the iPhone can hold. The flash memory storage space (32 GB max) is the only limitation I'm aware of. However, if you are using IMAP email rather than POP, you're limited by the provider. I think Gmail has a 7 GB max.

So, 3 months worth is no problem. :)
What he meant was that the number of messages shown by mail app in a particular folder.

Like maximum is 200 for now, and if there is a new mail received then the oldest of 200 is replaced.