iOS 5 messed with my apps!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PruDanced

Apr 20, 2011
Got a 3GS and installed iOS 5. Result: all my apps are muddled up all over the place - out of folders, on different screens - its a right mess. I suspect some things are missing too. My ringtones have definitely gone and no longer show up as 'installed' on iTunes so I can't re-install without repaying. Anyone got any idea how I can get them back?

MarieM

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I need to do this as well since IOS 5 found an ancient inactive me.com account and loaded it. So my question is - if I go to the back up from before I upgraded to IOS 5 - then I need to reinstall ios 5. Right?

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
I need to do this as well since IOS 5 found an ancient inactive me.com account and loaded it. So my question is - if I go to the back up from before I upgraded to IOS 5 - then I need to reinstall ios 5. Right?
No, you don't. The backup keeps everything data-wise on your phone backed up exactly how it was, so for example:
- Your settings (except for anything new introduced into iOS 5)
- Your folders
- How your apps are organized
- Your contacts
- Your text messages
- Your call history
- Your notes
- Etc.

...however it will not restore your old iOS. It will still be iOS 5 after restoration.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Got a 3GS and installed iOS 5. Result: all my apps are muddled up all over the place - out of folders, on different screens - its a right mess. I suspect some things are missing too. My ringtones have definitely gone and no longer show up as 'installed' on iTunes so I can't re-install without repaying. Anyone got any idea how I can get them back?
And if your using the account you purchased them with, you won't be charged, again.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!