iOS 5 on iPhone 4

jaw2k9

Bronze
Aug 9, 2010
I am digging it so far.

I like the swipe on notification taking me directly to text.

I like the shortcut to camera.

I am sure to discover other things that work well in this edition.

Good stuff (as my kid's soccer coach says).

(L)

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Arizona
I'm using an iPhone 4 and I don't have the short cut to the camera. Am I supposed to set it up somehow? I don't have iMessage either

ed2438

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 9, 2010
El Paso, TX
I'm using an iPhone 4 and I don't have the short cut to the camera. Am I supposed to set it up somehow? I don't have iMessage either
from the lock screen, press the home button twice. Then the camera button appears.

Sent from my White iPhone 4 using iCafe app

jcmitchell5

Contributor
Silver
Feb 19, 2010
Arkansas
Sweet. What about how to use iMessage?
iMessage is used through the sms app. Just go to settings, messages, and make sure you iMessage is on. Then put in a number of someone that has iMessage on their phone/iPod/iPad and the white bar will have iMessage there to let you know whether it's iMessage or text message. When it sends the iMessage will be blue and the text message will be green.

Attachments

jaw2k9

Bronze
Aug 9, 2010
iPad on wifi no 3G. Sent text to my cell phone iMessage that is. On both devices they come up as sent. The iPad seems to be using my cell number. Any way to change or fix that?

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
iMessage is used through the sms app. Just go to settings, messages, and make sure you iMessage is on. Then put in a number of someone that has iMessage on their phone/iPod/iPad and the white bar will have iMessage there to let you know whether it's iMessage or text message. When it sends the iMessage will be blue and the text message will be green.
It's not very clear though. My mate has an iPhone 4 and I wasn't sure if he had installed ios5. I went to my messages with him and the text bar still said text message not imessage. It wasn't until I sent a text to him that it all changed with him and went blue. I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Afkamp

Bronze
Aug 31, 2010
my alerts for facebook and twitter are not shown on new notification center its not just popping up any idea ?
You have to go to notifications in the settings app and turn it on for Facebook. Certain apps automatically go to notification center others you have to manually enable to do so.