iOS 5 on JB

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
guys, can I do a regular update I am on a JB iPhone 4 or do I have to do a complete restore?
and waht do I lose if I do a restore besides the JB apps. Like wahts teh downfall of the complete restorEE?

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
and what do you use to save all of your JB apps b/c pkg breakup isn't' working for me anymore for some stuipd damn reason

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thread moved to the iPhone Jailbreak section.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
guys, can I do a regular update I am on a JB iPhone 4 or do I have to do a complete restore?
and waht do I lose if I do a restore besides the JB apps. Like wahts teh downfall of the complete restorEE?
Yes you can do a regular update on your iPhone 4. You will lose your jailbreak. There isn't any downfall when you restore your phone, in fact I recommend that you restore to iOS 5 then sync all your media back.

and what do you use to save all of your JB apps b/c pkg breakup isn't' working for me anymore for some stuipd damn reason
PkgBackup works for me, check the settings within the app and make sure nothings conflicting. Are you saving your PkgBackup as contact or via Dropbox? FYI - I've found DB to be the best.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
My PKGBackup is saying "Warning! Scanning of packages and of applications are disabled. Please go to Settings to configure the application."

I tried going to settings, and I cannot seem to fix this. This happened after I went to the new iTunes.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
is pkgbackup the only app that does this function?