iOS 5 Tweet Sound?

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by KyleBucket, Oct 13, 2011.

1. KyleBucket

KyleBucket New Member

Hey you guys. I downloaded iOS 5 three days prior to its release and I'm wondering if that's what preventing my "Tweet Tone" from working properly. The new setting allows for your new Tweets to play a bird chirping.. but all I get is whatever my text tone is.

I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction on how to possibly fix this? I doubt it was the early iOS upgrade because it was the GoldMaster (final version). Just something that I wish would work because I thought it was a nifty little feature.

Thanks!

2. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

The setting for Tweet sounds is in your Settings/Sounds and scroll down to Tweets which is right below sent mail. The Tweet sound is Tweet, yours may be set to default text tone.

3. KyleBucket

KyleBucket New Member

No, I know that. It goes to that by default, but that's my issue.. it's not set on "Tri-tone" which is my SMS tone. It just makes that noise.

4. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

So you're saying that your Tweet sounds are set to Tweet but it plays the Tri-tone?

5. KyleBucket

KyleBucket New Member

Yes, exactly.

6. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

Wow. That is odd. Do you have Twitter set in the notification center and sounds turned on in the notification center settings?

7. KyleBucket

KyleBucket New Member

Yes, banners, badges, and sounds are all set to on. I messaged a friend and she's having the same issue.

I didn't know if it was just maybe a bug? But, I doubt it.

8. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

Interesting. If you want to send me a tweet @paulpearson90 I'll let you know if it works on my iPhone 4.

9. KyleBucket

KyleBucket New Member

10. Edge1978

Edge1978 Member
    Bronze

I am having the same issue, it has been using the tri tone, instead of the tweet sound.

11. KyleBucket

KyleBucket New Member

Yeah, after posting on Twitter, it's basically everyone (who has actually noticed the feature). It seems to be a bug which I'm sure will be addressed in the next patch.

12. Rumur

Rumur New Member

It only makes the tweet sound when you tweet from your pictures or YouTube. It doesn't tweet when you receive a tweet though.

13. KyleBucket

KyleBucket New Member

That's retarded if that's why they added the feature!