iOS 5 Tweet Sound?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 13, 2011
Hey you guys. I downloaded iOS 5 three days prior to its release and I'm wondering if that's what preventing my "Tweet Tone" from working properly. The new setting allows for your new Tweets to play a bird chirping.. but all I get is whatever my text tone is.

I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction on how to possibly fix this? I doubt it was the early iOS upgrade because it was the GoldMaster (final version). Just something that I wish would work because I thought it was a nifty little feature.

Thanks!

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
Hey you guys. I downloaded iOS 5 three days prior to its release and I'm wondering if that's what preventing my "Tweet Tone" from working properly. The new setting allows for your new Tweets to play a bird chirping.. but all I get is whatever my text tone is.

I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction on how to possibly fix this? I doubt it was the early iOS upgrade because it was the GoldMaster (final version). Just something that I wish would work because I thought it was a nifty little feature.

Thanks!
The setting for Tweet sounds is in your Settings/Sounds and scroll down to Tweets which is right below sent mail. The Tweet sound is Tweet, yours may be set to default text tone.

Oct 13, 2011
No, I know that. It goes to that by default, but that's my issue.. it's not set on "Tri-tone" which is my SMS tone. It just makes that noise.

Oct 13, 2011
Yes, banners, badges, and sounds are all set to on. I messaged a friend and she's having the same issue.

I didn't know if it was just maybe a bug? But, I doubt it.

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
Yes, banners, badges, and sounds are all set to on. I messaged a friend and she's having the same issue.

I didn't know if it was just maybe a bug? But, I doubt it.
Interesting. If you want to send me a tweet @paulpearson90 I'll let you know if it works on my iPhone 4.

Oct 13, 2011
Yeah, after posting on Twitter, it's basically everyone (who has actually noticed the feature). It seems to be a bug which I'm sure will be addressed in the next patch.

Rumur

Oct 14, 2011
It only makes the tweet sound when you tweet from your pictures or YouTube. It doesn't tweet when you receive a tweet though.