iOS 6.0.1 Released Thread

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
I just read about it seems like iPhone 5 was send out with a glitch there are no OTA updates the app is a patch

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app
That's true I haven't been able to iTunes sync over wifi have to hook up to laptop,hope its fixed

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
The second link points out that they have failed to prove that radio waves are carcinogenic. I think they were taking the "We can't prove it's harmful, but until we can prove it isn't we better add this warning in just to be safe" approach.
Yeah I don't believe it anyways, it's just funny how they test phones and then how everyone uses them. But some people are worried and power to them I guess. My grandma is definitely concerned, it amuses me that she always wears an earpiece with a cord because she is worried that bluetooth would harm her too.

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
Last edited by a moderator:

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Just updated my 5 and everything is running smooth. Haven't noticed any big improvements, but I'll wait to see if my wifi at work is more stable...

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
I updated my iP5 earlier and it seems about the same as it did. The wifi connection is wishy-washy. If I just turn my back on my router, the wifi bars go down. The keyboard in third party apps is still off. I don't see any great improvements. Maybe in 6.1 they'll really be fixed.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
Last edited by a moderator:

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
I'm in UK and didn't get a chance to update over the air I didn't get the updater app I just got directed to update by connecting to laptop.. I wanted to do it over the air but no option.. Oh well all fixed now...I hope

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
what is the updater app and how do u get it? I've updated my ip5 by connecting to laptop.

Sent from my iPhone5using iCafe app
The updater is available as a download in Settings > General > Software Update.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I could update over wifi with my iPad but have to hook up my iPhone5 to laptop to update 6.0.1,wonder why?
Only the iPhone 5 had an issue with over-the-air updates, not the other iDevices. The issue was fixed by 6.0.1 so you're good for future updates, over-the-air or otherwise...

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
I've noticed one change with the update. I seem to be using my battery at a higher rate of consumption.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
So when I see "Delivered" after I send an iMessage, it means the person does not have Read Receipts on, but when I see "Read hh:mm," it means that person has "Send Read Receipts" set to on?

I was under the impression that the "Send Read Receipts" setting was only to send the word "Delivered" out; today was the first time I saw "Read hh:mm" from anyone, and it happened right after this person updated to 6.0.1, so I thought it was a goody provided by 6.0.1!
That's strange that it just happened when they updated to 6.0.1, but "Delivered" means that it has been successfuly sent, but the recipient has not read it yet. When they read it, it'll change to "Read _______".

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Also acosmichippo here is an article that says that iPod touches stay connected, it was released in iOS 4. http://www.imore.com/ios-4-feature-ipod-touch-wifi-stays-connected-asleep-iphone

So yeah I don't know about iPhones, I've never had one but my iPod touch is supposed to have persistent wifi even when asleep because in iOS 4 and 5 it worked as it should. Wifi was always on because I don't have any cell data service to back up to when it's asleep.
Ah, yeah I can see why an iPod touch would need to stay connected since it doesn't have a 3G radio. Didn't consider that.

Jim B

Feb 16, 2012
Nottingham, UK
My erratic WiFi behavior seem's to have improved, also seem's to be a tad faster too.

I step in the right direction me thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
Ah, yeah I can see why an iPod touch would need to stay connected since it doesn't have a 3G radio. Didn't consider that.
No biggy:) , I was just bummed when I read the release notes that said it only fixed wifi for the 5th gen devices.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Underf iOS 5 in iCloud there used to be a "bookmarks" item to check. Where is it now in iOS 6? Am I suppose to click "Safari" and if so what else is going into the Cloud from Safari? I just want my bookmarks synced betweeen all my devices like I had before.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Underf iOS 5 in iCloud there used to be a "bookmarks" item to check. Where is it now in iOS 6? Am I suppose to click "Safari" and if so what else is going into the Cloud from Safari? I just want my bookmarks synced betweeen all my devices like I had before.
I think they changed that switch to "Safari" because it will now sync open tabs in addition to bookmarks.