iOS 6.1.2

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Tug, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Tug

Tug Member
    Silver

I'm still running 6.1.2, w/jb, the only reason why I haven't upgraded to 7.0.4 yet is because I don't want to lose the apps I paid for off cydia. I deleted the gmail email addy that I originally used when I purchased the apps so using that email address to download the previous purchased apps isn't possible. Suggestion? Thanks

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Do you remember the email address? I think I transferred my Cydia account by giving Cydia my old email address that didn't exist anymore. Your old account just gets transferred to your new email account.

3. Tug

Tug Member
    Silver

Yeah I do but not the password. I was hoping to upgrade the j/b but that didn't work either

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Ah. I forgot about the email password.

5. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

Personally, I think you're out of luck. You're not going to want to stay on iOS 6 forever. Most of the apps you're using on that OS might not work on iOS 7 either. I'd suck it up and start over with a new email address that you'll remember, Write down the password where you won't lose it, then buy any apps you want again. Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you. iOS 7 works great jailbroken.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Agreed. A lot of iOS 6.x apps don't work on iOS 7.x. You may get a few to run if you're lucky since you don't have the 64-bit 5s, but it'll be touch and go.

7. Tug

Tug Member
    Silver

I'm sure you guys are right. I'm going to go ahead and bite the bullet, it shouldn't be anymore than 10 bucks anyway. Thanks for your time :)

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I've bitten that same bullet as well for some Cydia apps.