iOS 6.1.4 is out!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
As reported by Mr. Meinck of iPopuli, iOS 6.1.4 has been released today. It includes an all-new, rebuilt-from-the-ground-up audio profile for... (drumroll)... the speakerphone!

When on speakerphone, you will now be able to hear the highest highs, the lowest lows, and everything in between, and, if you close your eyes, you'll feel like the person you're talking to is right in the room with you! It'll give you goose bumps!

I was talking to Ms. Insanita Andromeda Potpourrinis and I literally heard that she was picking her nose! She was dumbfounded when I told her to stop!

Hurry up and update now!

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
What do you mean? My battery has been fine up until 6.1.4?
A firmware update can cause it to not represent the remaining battery percentage correctly. It drained from 100% to 80% after 30 minutes of usage but, for example, it could stay stuck at 20% during 10 minutes of usage later in this battery cycle. I'm just saying let it drain down and power off and then run it for another cycle before saying definitively that your battery life has been affected by this firmware update.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
A firmware update can cause it to not represent the remaining battery percentage correctly. It drained from 100% to 80% after 30 minutes of usage but, for example, it could stay stuck at 20% during 10 minutes of usage later in this battery cycle. I'm just saying let it drain down and power off and then run it for another cycle before saying definitively that your battery life has been affected by this firmware update.
I was unaware of this. Thanks again Mindi!

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
This is my last attempt to get my battery running right
The last update made it terrible and I went through reset the battery and all tricks I knew about except restore as new
I went to the Genius Bar and was told I had crashed Apps and to move the G-mail out of the exchange there is no more need to have it run since it syncs already (I didn't know and neither did he that google canceled sync and Ilost a bunch of contacts)
I figured it's been awhile the next update will fix it ...
Here I am updated
Reset and restored as new
And now draining battery ( it's going fast ) I hope this it and it is all good after the reset or off I go to he Apple store AGAIN
I drive to diffrent one this time that store here is THE WORST I ever been to.