iOS 6.1.4

JWB

Bronze
Nov 8, 2011
Can we still download 6.1.4 instead iOS 7 until all the bugs are worked out?

Sent using iCafe app on iPhone 5

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
You can still download 6.1.4 but the real question is, is Apple still signing the software for restores. I haven't heard that the signing window has closed, but I haven't exactly had my ear to the ground with all the excitement of the past couple days.

This site could be helpful downloading the appropriate .ispw

http://www.ipswdownloader.com/download-iphone-ipsw-files.php

Once downloaded you'll have to shift-restore to apply the older iOS.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
You can still download 6.1.4 but the real question is, is Apple still signing the software for restores. I haven't heard that the signing window has closed, but I haven't exactly had my ear to the ground with all the excitement of the past couple days.

This site could be helpful downloading the appropriate .ispw

http://www.ipswdownloader.com/download-iphone-ipsw-files.php

Once downloaded you'll have to shift-restore to apply the older iOS.
Only see up to 6.1.3 Cant' find .4
Maybe it will let you install 6.1.3 then update? Think I may try on my 4S just for kicks

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
If we download it and we have it on our computers can we still install it even if Apple takes it down? Being its in the computer already

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
If we download it and we have it on our computers can we still install it even if Apple takes it down? Being its in the computer already
Only as long on they keep the signing window open. If you're wanting to downgrade you better hurry and do it quick. The usually don't leave it open long.

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
It's not that I really want to its just that the battery life is kinda sucky on the 5 after the iOS 7 update.

I did a restore and gonna drain the battery until the phone shuts itself off and then recharge.

It's for my wife's phone while I was on line waiting for the 5S the 5 which is now hers went down to 65% with 2 hrs use and 5 standby