iOS 6 Beta 2 Out, What's New?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Just finished updating. Guided access does work and it's amazingly customizable. You can disable specific areas of the screen just by circling them. Really cool. I can't tell you how incredibly useful this will be.

Afkamp

Bronze
Aug 31, 2010
Just finished updating. Guided access does work and it's amazingly customizable. You can disable specific areas of the screen just by circling them. Really cool. I can't tell you how incredibly useful this will be.
What's guided access?

danbrumit

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Elkton, MD
Stops school kids from loading safari to google the answers. I laughed at that on the keynote.

Is it me or do a lot of items (icons) look more retina?

Also anyone use Siri to launch applications? I like it. Works well for everything except the iCafe app. It keeps wanting to search the web for restaurants.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
T
Stops school kids from loading safari to google the answers. I laughed at that on the keynote.

Is it me or do a lot of items (icons) look more retina?

Also anyone use Siri to launch applications? I like it. Works well for everything except the iCafe app. It keeps wanting to search the web for restaurants.
Try asking Siri to "open everythingicafe app".

gun138

Sep 19, 2009
iOS 6 beta 1 bugs have been fixed. Apple maps would crash every time you tried to input an address in the address bar on the maps, that is no longer the case it works great!

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
One thing I don't like is when I talk on the phone for longer than a minute it goes back to the lock screen. If I need to change anything during the call such as switch to speaker I have to slide to unlock.
Tom

kladner

Oct 1, 2010
I have noticed that the timer does not continue to run in the background. When I lock the screen the timer stops. Not sure if this was due to upadate or if its a glitch in IOS 6. Anyone else having this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.