iOS 6 beta 3 is out, what's new?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by chris, Jul 16, 2012.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Apple just pushed iOS 6 beta 3 to developers OTA. No word yet on a changelog, as the update has yet to hit the developer center.

Anyone find anything new?

2. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Yay! I'm hoping they expand the 3D maps.

3. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Only thing I've noticed so far is that it has deleted my camera roll and all of my photos, and Podcaster no longer works (crashes upon playing). Also, Messages had an exclamation mark on it as if a message had failed to deliver. When I went into it, I didn't see anything different, but the exclamation badge disappeared once I went back to the home screen.

4. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

I've got it installed. Trying to look at the release notes - but keep getting an Error 350 when I try to open the link. Anyone else able to see them?

5. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

Rubbish, not found any fixes or anything new !

6. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Only thing I noticed was the Maps App is a little smoother.

7. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

There's a new setting for Maps. Go to Settings>Maps and you now have a choice of voice volume, no voice, miles/kilometers, English labels and Normal/Large labels.

8. Afkamp

Afkamp Member
    Bronze

I don't know if this is new but I just noticed it. I was in a dark room when I noticed that my brightness was dim so I opened it up in the settings while looking at the brightness slider I walked into a room with the lights on and the screen got brighter while the slider moved automatically. That was pretty cool! I guess the slider adjusts itself if you have auto brightness on.

9. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

I've been attempting to set up an @icloud.com e-mail, however for whatever reason, I keep getting a server error when I do so. Anyone else?

10. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

The glasses for Reading List are new. If they Ren't new I've never seen them before.

acb30c51.jpg

11. Afkamp

Afkamp Member
    Bronze

Does anybody's vibrate function on the 4s seem amplified after the last beta update. I can literally hear the motor shaking inside the phone even when its laying on a pillow. I don't recall it ever being like this.

12. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Not to me. In my experience, the vibrate function on the iPhone has gotten significantly weaker with each new generation. The original iPhone 4 was the last one that I found to be barely perceivable in my pocket. When they switched to the linear oscillating vibrator starting with the Verizon iPhone 4, they made it a lot softer. I can hear the vibration, but that's not the point, I'm supposed to feel it. I want a damn earthquake going on in my pants when my phone is ringing. wink2.gif

13. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

Ok interesting thing... I also lost my camera roll pics because I had not backed up for awhile.
    All of my lost pics just came back! Could the OTA update have stored them on the cloud and then restored them?
    Tom

14. ed2438

ed2438 Contributor
    Bronze

Only thing I have noticed is my battery life sucks now. Before iOS 6, my battery would be at 56% at the end of the day. Now, my battery is about to die when I go to bed. My usage has not changed at all.

15. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I'm not sure. Some of my pics are still gone, and I've even synced with my Mac since installing beta 3. If it were storing things on iCloud prior to the OTA update, it would have stopped and warned me, because I have nowhere near enough space on iCloud to store my entire photo library (~25 gigs originally, I have 15 gigs on it right now)

I also took a hit, but I'm guessing the developer builds turn on a lot of debugging and diagnostics that uses more power. I never get even close to stock battery life with a beta of iOS, whether it's 3, 4, 5, or 6.

16. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

Is anyone having trouble with visual voicemail? I noticed people would call but never leave a message... I just checked my messages the old fashioned way and had 17 new messages not showing up.
    This stinks
    Tom

17. ed2438

ed2438 Contributor
    Bronze

I checked my voicemail and it is doing the same thing. I had several messages that the visual voicemail did not download.

18. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

I reset my network settings and everything seems to be ok with text and visual voice mail.
    Tom

19. JoBu3434

JoBu3434 New Member

I had an issue with certain messages in visual voicemail that had multiplied and I found I had several copies of the same couple of voicemail messages and duplicates of a couple other...it has only happened once and not sure when this happened but very strange