iOS 6 Beta 4 is out, what's new?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Get your download on, iOS 6 beta 4 is out for developers only. Those of you who have access to the Developers Portal at Apple can download it now. So, is there anything new? Post if you see anything exciting.

Last edited:

craiggiarc

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 20, 2009
Took a while on my iPhone 4S but it's downloaded and installed now OTA. Moving onto my iPad 3 now and it's quoting 7 hours at the moment.

As confirmed else where the YouTube app is indeed gone. Not a concern for me as I rarely used it.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Took a while on my iPhone 4S but it's downloaded and installed now OTA. Moving onto my iPad 3 now and it's quoting 7 hours at the moment.

As confirmed else where the YouTube app is indeed gone. Not a concern for me as I rarely used it.
The only time I use the YouTube app is when I click on a link and it autoplays in the app. Guess we'll see it within Safari going forward. Assume that if you download their new app, a link within Safari will open up the new app?

KrakaJap

Zealot
Gold
Jul 7, 2009
IL
The only time I use the YouTube app is when I click on a link and it autoplays in the app. Guess we'll see it within Safari going forward. Assume that if you download their new app, a link within Safari will open up the new app?
So you can still download the YouTube app? I use it quite a bit

KrakaJap

Zealot
Gold
Jul 7, 2009
IL
Yeah I'll have to try again when I get home from work. It's still not finding the update for me... some sort of connection error.

isaingj

Bronze
Dec 4, 2011
This is wired, when I installed iOS 6 beta 3 from my PC, I have no iCloud Tabs & I just installed beta 4 & still no iCloud Tabs any suggestion why?

Afkamp

Bronze
Aug 31, 2010
I don't know why but after updating to beta 4 I had around 7 voicemails mysteriously pop up. The dates are ranging from the last couple of weeks. Some from people that I wondered why they never called me back and others from people who probably wondered why I never called them back. This is not cool!

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I know what that is ^^^ I had the same problem with beta 3. Visual voicemail did not work until I reset network settings. I noticed in beta 3 I was not getting voicemails sometimes, when I reset the network settings I had 17 new voicemails. When you updated to beta 4 they corrected this problem.
Tom

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
It forced the FaceTime over Cellular switch off. Now I got the popup that says "FaceTime requires an active Wi-Fi connection or an eligible cellular data plan."

So much for Apple controlling the experience.