iOS 6 Beta 4 is out, what's new?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It forced the FaceTime over Cellular switch off. Now I got the popup that says "FaceTime requires an active Wi-Fi connection or an eligible cellular data plan."

So much for Apple controlling the experience.
AT&T or Verizon? Screenshot? This is the same as beta 3 or verbiage different?

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
AT&T or Verizon? Screenshot? This is the same as beta 3 or verbiage different?
AT&T

Verbiage is slightly different. It adds the text I quoted on top of what was reported to be there on beta 3. On beta 3, my FaceTime over Cellular switch was on, and I didn't get that popup.

image.jpg

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
It forced the FaceTime over Cellular switch off. Now I got the popup that says "FaceTime requires an active Wi-Fi connection or an eligible cellular data plan."

So much for Apple controlling the experience.
I was using facetime over 3G quite a bit since the betas. This is such BS! Yet another reason to AT&T.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I don't know why but after updating to beta 4 I had around 7 voicemails mysteriously pop up. The dates are ranging from the last couple of weeks. Some from people that I wondered why they never called me back and others from people who probably wondered why I never called them back. This is not cool!
Had the same problem with beta 3. I had to actually call voicemail to get any new messages. After beta 4, they all just popped up.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Also the auto-brightness feature works now.
Nope, it still adjusts the slider value. Thus, still broke. I prefer a darker auto-brightness where I can save battery by setting the initial value to, say, 33%, that way the upward adjustment isn't as high unless I'm standing next to the sun. It needs to not adjust the slider itself, otherwise it just keeps adjusting it to whatever it thinks I want. This new one-auto-brightness-to-rule-them-all is very android-like and annoying enough that I usually just shut auto brightness off now (like I do on my Android phone).

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm still trying to update my iPad! Retry button is getting worn out.

Edit: right after I posted this, I tapped the try again button and it worked. Go figure!
You made that button your B***h, you now own it. That's why it worked :p

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I will be curious if the battery percentage is accurate, it seems like I am getting better life but not totally sure.
I noticed today when I had a dropped call it automatically redialed the person who called me, never noticed that before. Maybe just a fluke.
Tom

Psyrix

Bronze
Jul 24, 2012
Beta 4 under my setup is a battery hog compared to previous betas. Used to get 8 hours average with 18 hours standby and now it is down to 6 hours with 18 hours standby.

Going to be fun trying to troubleshooting this considering others are reporting better battery life.

Afkamp

Bronze
Aug 31, 2010
Just noticed this. If you are in Safari and your reading a web page you can hold the back button and it will display your browser history.