iOS 6 & iTunes.11

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by FromThailand, Dec 5, 2012.

1. FromThailand

FromThailand New Member

I don't update to iOS 6 because I don't want to lose Google Map, I don't update to iTunes 11 because the new design is crap. Is it me or is Apple regressing?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I love the new iTunes design. It's a personal choice whether you update or not, but at some point you may have no choice but to. Same with iOS 6. The new maps may not be flawless, but it gets me places.

3. psylichon

psylichon Genius

What is so "crap" about the iTunes redesign, exactly?

4. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

I agree, what's so crap? You can bring back the side bar if you want and it looks very similar to 10.7. It seems to function fine for me
    Tom

5. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

New iTunes is awesome. I am loving it.
    If maps is the only issue you have or concern you can't really tell till you use or for a while. I have had no problems with the new maps app. Worked great for me other day with turn by turn.

6. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

I do use maps extensively and constantly have problems with it routing me on a long trip.
    I am sure they will get it straightened out but it's frustrating. Since I drive a min of 4 hrs per day I have to stick with navigon for now.
    T

7. TrueChili

TrueChili Member
    Bronze

I didn't like iTunes 11 at first either but after a day of getting used to it, I love it. As its been me filmed, you can replicate the UI design by playing with the view settings.

I've also had no problems with Apple's maps app. I actually prefer this one over the other one, I find it a drastic improvement. I used it to go from Washington to back home in Las Vegas and it got me there just fine.

Just my input.

8. vinnyc1

vinnyc1 New Member

We all know that Apples mapping system is a long ways from google they truly dropped the ball on that one but they are trying to fix the issue and it will take time but there are other mapping systems in App Store Apple has link on there home page I'm using one called waze it's pretty good try it out

9. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

I upgraded to iTunes 11 and while I like most new features, I miss the layout of the music tab, where it just lists my music and I can quickly sort by artist or album. Is there a way to enable that view in 11?

~S

10. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Click on the Songs tab upper middle. Then you will have the original column view back and you can click on the sorting colums to your heart's content. :)

11. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

Thanks very much ....
    ~S

12. iBoss

iBoss Contributor
    Bronze

Personally the New iTunes design is very awesome compared to the past ones. Is very easy on the eyes and not cluttered with unnecessary stuff you don't want to view.