iOS 6 - Killing Battery

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Mad_Man-16, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Mad_Man-16

Mad_Man-16 Member
    Bronze

hey people, i have recently updated to IOS 6, it is a great update. Just having one kind of annoying problem, my battery life has been worse since. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it just something to do with my iPhone? idk, i need help, please.

2. kingsario

kingsario New Member

Ditto on the iPhone 4

3. margiejo765

margiejo765 Member
    Bronze

Same! I have to charge it every night

4. Mad_Man-16

Mad_Man-16 Member
    Bronze

it did that when IOS 5 was realessed as well, but then IOS 5.0.1 fixed it. I thought it was only the 4s having that problem but my 4 was it was weird, now again? come on APPLE get your shiz together

5. Markyboy

Markyboy Member
    Bronze

I had this issue as well but i think I've managed to fix it. Trouble is I can't pinpoint what exactly has done it, as I changed a few things.

There were some reports that the 'raise to speak' Siri function had activated itself and was draining the battery. I went into settings and although this was set to 'off' I toggled it on and then off again and did a hard reset.

I've also turned genius for apps in location settings off, as well as all the other system location settings.

Just for some background when I upgraded I did it via OTA and did not reset all my settings, which some people have advised.

I left my phone overnight last night at 96% battery and in 8 hours it drained 4%.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the raise to speak feature..

6. greenjbhsd

greenjbhsd Member
    Silver

Same on my 4s. If I don't charge the phone occasionally while at work I will be at around 25% with moderate usage. I have not figured out what is doing it. I turned off location services and that didn't seem to help. Turning off BT didn't either.

7. margiejo765

margiejo765 Member
    Bronze

It's getting worse!

8. Mad_Man-16

Mad_Man-16 Member
    Bronze

I helped it a little bit by: turning off most of my Location services, and turned the icon back on (since update it was set not to show), that way i can see what is using it. still not Full Capability yet though :(

9. Mad_Man-16

Mad_Man-16 Member
    Bronze

I helped it a little bit by: turning off most of my Location services, and turned the icon back on (since update it was set not to show), that way i can see what is using it. still not Full Capability yet though :(

10. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

I have an iPod touch and my battery life has definitely been worse. It doesn't let me see percentages but I definitely have been hitting the 20% low battery a lot faster than I was a week or so ago on iOS 5.

11. margiejo765

margiejo765 Member
    Bronze

I unplugged around 8:30 this morning @ 100% in at 21% with moderate use SMH

12. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

My iPhone 5 performed about the same as it was with my iPhone 4S running iOS 6. I did just make a few adjustments mentioned in this thread above and will see if that helps a bit, too.

13. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

Make sure battery percentage is off. My friend told me that long time ago he said that drain the battery.

14. Markyboy

Markyboy Member
    Bronze

I don't think this is true, although I'd prefer to have the percentage off as it stops me obsessing over it. However, since I jailbroke my phone I can't turn off battery percentage even though its no longer jail broken.

15. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

I have 4s & iPad 2 something with the battery drain. I put ex charger in my car.