iOS 6 Observations

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by JaniceH, Sep 27, 2012.

1. JaniceH

JaniceH Member
    Bronze

Since my upgrade to iOS 6 I have been noticing at least a couple issues.

My iMessage acts inconsistent. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, I go into settings and switch it off then on again and it seems to fix it at least temporarily. Anyone else having this happen or know how to permanently fix this?

This morning I noticed that the stock YouTube icon is gone off my phone? Others?

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

As for YouTube, the app was removed in iOS 6. You have to download the new YouTube app submitted by Google to the App Store. You can grab that here.

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The stock YouTube icon was indeed removed from iOS 6. Apple removed it because their licensing agreement was over. However, you can easily download the new YouTube app from the app store by following this link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/youtube/id544007664?mt=8

You may notice some erratic results from the Maps app as well...

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Oops... Chris beat me to the punch ;)

#4 Rafagon, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
  5. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

The guy who created the Alien Blue app has created a very nice YouTube app named Jasmine. It's still a 1.x version but very nice ... and it's free. The most recent update was created to allow one to donate via an in-app purchase/pro.
    YMMV

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

If you got to Settings > General and then scroll to the bottom to Reset and select it. Select Reset All Settings. This will reset all your settings, you will have to put them back for other Apps, but this might help the iMessage issue. If you don't want to do this, try a Hard Reset.

If Reset All Settings doesn't do it then try to the Hard Reset:

I had an iMessage issue, after a while it straightened itself out. If you do a hard reset this might help the problem. Hard Reset, Hold down the power button and the home button until the Apple comes up and then let them go. The phone will go off for a few short seconds and then come back on. This reboots the iPhone and helps straighten out problems. It works for a lot of things that aren't very serious.

7. JaniceH

JaniceH Member
    Bronze

Hey, just noticed something else. Where did all the dots on the calendar go that remind you of appointments.?

8. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

My dots are all there on calendar. Have checked to see if the calendar you use has a check mark by it? I noticed the the upgrade has turned somethings off and others on.

9. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

My dots are all there on calendar. Have checked to see if the calendar you use has a check mark by it? I noticed the the upgrade has turned somethings off and others on.

10. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Sorry app double posted agsin

11. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Here are a couple thing that I miss in iOS 5.1.1 compared to iOS 6:

1 on a phone call my screen now locks. On the old version it would just go black and I'd tap to wake the screen up. On 6, I have to press the home button, slide to unlock, enter the passcode ( when a activated) to get back to the phone screen. I really liked just touching the screen to get to the phone app.

2 in reminders, I could swipe left and right for different lists; personal, work, different accounts & tasks. Now in 6 that feature is gone.

Am I missing a setting?

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

12. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Your phone app locks while in the middle of a phone call? That shouldn't be happening. It is not happening to me. I put the phone to my ear, the screen goes black (proximity sensor). I bring the phone down, for example, to turn the speakerphone on, and the phone screen automatically re-appears.

13. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I don't like the new changes on reminders either.

14. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Yes it does. No matter what state: on phone, on the headphones, on Bluetooth. Started after updated iOS. I wish it wouldn't lock. I use it all day and (shhhhhh) while driving. Adds steps to get to the hang up button. Hate it.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

15. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

He's right it shouldn't lock it will go black shut off then When you remove your ear it shows the screen again

16. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I'm in total agreement with you all. But it does. It's very aggravating.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

17. luvit!

luvit! Member
    Bronze

After reading this"post I checked my phone and it is doing the same thing! I have to unlock it to get to any app's while I'm in the middle of a call. Weird.

18. one_crazy_dude

one_crazy_dude Contributor
    Bronze

I have noticed the glitch with iMessage. Hopefully Apple will fix it in an update.

19. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Are either of you guys (@Target or luvit!) using Assistive Touch by any chance?

20. Badfishy

Badfishy Contributor
    Bronze

I noticed that when using airplay from iPhone to Apple TV, when iPhone screen goes to sleep it disconnects my airplay video from playing. Never used to do that.