iOS 6 Observations

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JaniceH

Bronze
Sep 6, 2010
Since my upgrade to iOS 6 I have been noticing at least a couple issues.

My iMessage acts inconsistent. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, I go into settings and switch it off then on again and it seems to fix it at least temporarily. Anyone else having this happen or know how to permanently fix this?

This morning I noticed that the stock YouTube icon is gone off my phone? Others?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY

My iMessage acts inconsistent. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, I go into settings and switch it off then on again and it seems to fix it at least temporarily. Anyone else having this happen or know how to permanently fix this?

This morning I noticed that the stock YouTube icon is gone off my phone? Others?
As for YouTube, the app was removed in iOS 6. You have to download the new YouTube app submitted by Google to the App Store. You can grab that here.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
The guy who created the Alien Blue app has created a very nice YouTube app named Jasmine. It's still a 1.x version but very nice ... and it's free. The most recent update was created to allow one to donate via an in-app purchase/pro.
YMMV

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey

If you got to Settings > General and then scroll to the bottom to Reset and select it. Select Reset All Settings. This will reset all your settings, you will have to put them back for other Apps, but this might help the iMessage issue. If you don't want to do this, try a Hard Reset.

If Reset All Settings doesn't do it then try to the Hard Reset:

I had an iMessage issue, after a while it straightened itself out. If you do a hard reset this might help the problem. Hard Reset, Hold down the power button and the home button until the Apple comes up and then let them go. The phone will go off for a few short seconds and then come back on. This reboots the iPhone and helps straighten out problems. It works for a lot of things that aren't very serious.

JaniceH

Bronze
Sep 6, 2010
Hey, just noticed something else. Where did all the dots on the calendar go that remind you of appointments.?

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
My dots are all there on calendar. Have checked to see if the calendar you use has a check mark by it? I noticed the the upgrade has turned somethings off and others on.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
My dots are all there on calendar. Have checked to see if the calendar you use has a check mark by it? I noticed the the upgrade has turned somethings off and others on.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
Here are a couple thing that I miss in iOS 5.1.1 compared to iOS 6:

1 on a phone call my screen now locks. On the old version it would just go black and I'd tap to wake the screen up. On 6, I have to press the home button, slide to unlock, enter the passcode ( when a activated) to get back to the phone screen. I really liked just touching the screen to get to the phone app.

2 in reminders, I could swipe left and right for different lists; personal, work, different accounts & tasks. Now in 6 that feature is gone.

Am I missing a setting?

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida

1 on a phone call my screen now locks. On the old version it would just go black and I'd tap to wake the screen up. On 6, I have to press the home button, slide to unlock, enter the passcode ( when a activated) to get back to the phone screen. I really liked just touching the screen to get to the phone app.
Your phone app locks while in the middle of a phone call? That shouldn't be happening. It is not happening to me. I put the phone to my ear, the screen goes black (proximity sensor). I bring the phone down, for example, to turn the speakerphone on, and the phone screen automatically re-appears.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA

2 in reminders, I could swipe left and right for different lists; personal, work, different accounts & tasks. Now in 6 that feature is gone.

Am I missing a setting?

Target

I don't like the new changes on reminders either.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
Your phone app locks while in the middle of a phone call? That shouldn't be happening. It is not happening to me. I put the phone to my ear, the screen goes black (proximity sensor). I bring the phone down, for example, to turn the speakerphone on, and the phone screen automatically re-appears.
Yes it does. No matter what state: on phone, on the headphones, on Bluetooth. Started after updated iOS. I wish it wouldn't lock. I use it all day and (shhhhhh) while driving. Adds steps to get to the hang up button. Hate it.

Target

luvit!

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
After reading this"post I checked my phone and it is doing the same thing! I have to unlock it to get to any app's while I'm in the middle of a call. Weird.

Badfishy

Contributor
Bronze
May 17, 2011
Houston, Texas
I noticed that when using airplay from iPhone to Apple TV, when iPhone screen goes to sleep it disconnects my airplay video from playing. Never used to do that.