iOS 6 super slow?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by m4lmx, Sep 22, 2012.

1. m4lmx

m4lmx New Member

is it just me or is the update super slow?! especially for iTunes store! Any solutions or work arounds? I have the ipad 3...

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Is everything slow? Or perhaps only when it has to access the Internet?

3. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

The only thing I see as slow are apps that have not been updated for 6.0. Everything else is running good.

4. m4lmx

m4lmx New Member

Mainly the iTunes Store. Everything else seems normal.

5. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

iOS is speedy but yes the App Store is a little sluggish even ony iPhone5 but its tolerable nothing to cry about

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Trying to get to purchased on the appStore is impossible, it loads forever. Am I the only one?

7. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

Yeah I was looking at the new search in the app store to see if it really sucked and when I went to scroll across to the next result, the app store crashed and took me back to my home screen. My device is the 4th gen iPod touch which has only a single core, I can see Apple clearly designed the app store in mind with more powerful devices but I am not upgrading to the 5th gen iPod touch.

8. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

I'm not having any problems like that at all just the occasional lag when it loads for a new group of apps for a split second.

9. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I'm not having any problems with the App Store on any of my iOS 6 devices. Suggestions: sign out/sign in, close app/reopen, soft reset, hard reset, check Internet connection...

10. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

Nope, I've had that problem too, I clicked on it and waited until the screen turned off on its own. I also have gotten the message "cannot download (insert name of app) at this time" a few times. Luckily I click retry and it works but still very frustrating that updating to iOS 6 has caused so many problems.

11. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Well I'm glad they changed the App Store and its buggy, I spent $40 last month, now I stay away from it. Thank you Apple (y)