iOS 7.0.4 is out

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Looks to be a very minor update. The changelog seems to focus on an issue affecting FaceTime calls failing. Like every update, this one says it contains bug fixes and improvements. I wonder just how many are included in this 37.6 MB update.:rolleyes:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Waiting for "informed feedback" via iCafe.... Maybe this time, just maybe !

Sent using iCafe app
Will need a few days with it to see if those miscellaneous bug fixes do much. I've had quite a few random apps crashes, among them stock apps. I'm thinking it might be specific to the 64-bit iPhone 5s. During the summer, my iPhone 5 was relatively stable through the beta periods. It felt no different than previous releases, at least from a stability standpoint.

iOS 7 and my iPhone 5s crash more than any recent device I can remember, save for the Nexus 5. These companies are pushing out software faster than they can properly test and squash bugs.

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
Paynes Bay - Barbados
Realistically, it's the potential of WiFi issues and iPad lag which are my greatest concerns ... Most of the rest of the current problems don't seem to disable the phone, but here in the Caribbean, wifi is by far the most reliable way to do anything 'data related' including to fix whatever is wrong ...... So ..... methinks I'll let the proverbial pot boil for the weekend, then update on Mon if no immediate crises seem on the horizon.... Again, thanks !

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'll wait to hear from the appropriate sources if this is a safe update for jailbreaking.
Just an FYI: You don't have to become a Twitter user or even have a Twitter account - you just have to visit MuscleNerd's Twitter page when an iOS 7 update comes out. The devs typically post if it's safe or not within a matter of hours.

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
Paynes Bay - Barbados
Thanks.... too much of a newbie to consider jailbreaks etc - just want the thing to WORK ! since my update is from 6.1.3, need I say anymore about my 'spirit of adventure ' :laugh2: ( or lack thereof )

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
My update was only 17 MB on my 5.
It's 37.6 MB on the 5s. It didn't fix the issue with stock apps crashing. I updated yesterday and Safari just crashed when I clicked a link. I rebooted last night so I only have a few apps open. I do, however, have about 18 Safari tabs open. Apparently it's a bug or it just can't handle that many tabs without running into critically low memory. Makes me wish we still had a max of 8 tabs or at least a 'close all' feature.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
The update didn't fix the problem I have with pop ups telling me the app I'm on is turned off for cellular data when I'm on wifi. Is my phone reading that I'm not on wifi when I am?

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
Paynes Bay - Barbados
Did you have and specific issues which you were expecting a fix for, and are you talking iPad or iPhone, and which one ( 5, 5S , ....). Still,trying to sort out the ambiguity between ” it got better" vs " no change" vs "something now doesn't work which did work prior to the update” ...... Thanks !

Sent using iCafe app

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
Did you have and specific issues which you were expecting a fix for, and are you talking iPad or iPhone, and which one ( 5, 5S , ....). Still,trying to sort out the ambiguity between ” it got better" vs " no change" vs "something now doesn't work which did work prior to the update” ...... Thanks !

Sent using iCafe app
Sometimes apps will crash (including stock), that's pretty much all I've noticed on iOS 7.0.3, and this update didn't seem to address that.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
I just updated my iPad 3 from 7.0.3 to this latest release. It took all of six minutes. I never really saw any issues with the previous version, so I shouldn't really notice any difference.

I'm waiting to update my iPhone 5. I probably won't update it anytime soon. It's a company-issued phone and I'm about to get a 5s for my own.

Last edited:

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I'm not updating until a jailbreak comes out, I'll then update to whatever version they recommend. The reason is because I'm rock solid on 7.0.3