iOS 7.0.4 is out

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by chris, Nov 14, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Looks to be a very minor update. The changelog seems to focus on an issue affecting FaceTime calls failing. Like every update, this one says it contains bug fixes and improvements. I wonder just how many are included in this 37.6 MB update.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Thanks for the heads up Chris.

Being chained to a desk it's hard to be up on the new info so I'm glad I can tune in here to the eiC!

I'll update when I get home. No WiFi here at work for the chained down.

3. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Waiting for "informed feedback" via iCafe.... Maybe this time, just maybe !

Sent using iCafe app

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Will need a few days with it to see if those miscellaneous bug fixes do much. I've had quite a few random apps crashes, among them stock apps. I'm thinking it might be specific to the 64-bit iPhone 5s. During the summer, my iPhone 5 was relatively stable through the beta periods. It felt no different than previous releases, at least from a stability standpoint.

iOS 7 and my iPhone 5s crash more than any recent device I can remember, save for the Nexus 5. These companies are pushing out software faster than they can properly test and squash bugs.

5. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Realistically, it's the potential of WiFi issues and iPad lag which are my greatest concerns ... Most of the rest of the current problems don't seem to disable the phone, but here in the Caribbean, wifi is by far the most reliable way to do anything 'data related' including to fix whatever is wrong ...... So ..... methinks I'll let the proverbial pot boil for the weekend, then update on Mon if no immediate crises seem on the horizon.... Again, thanks !

Sent using iCafe app

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I'll wait to hear from the appropriate sources if this is a safe update for jailbreaking.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

MuscleNerd says it's safe. Do you have access to Twitter or MuscleNerd's Twitter page? That's where we go to find out this stuff.
    image.jpg

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Just an FYI: You don't have to become a Twitter user or even have a Twitter account - you just have to visit MuscleNerd's Twitter page when an iOS 7 update comes out. The devs typically post if it's safe or not within a matter of hours.

9. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks.... too much of a newbie to consider jailbreaks etc - just want the thing to WORK ! since my update is from 6.1.3, need I say anymore about my 'spirit of adventure ' :laugh2: ( or lack thereof )

10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Thanks, I've resisted Facebook and tweeter for years. Thanks for the information Naps.

11. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

My update was only 17 MB on my 5.

Sent from iPhone 5 using iCafe app

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's 37.6 MB on the 5s. It didn't fix the issue with stock apps crashing. I updated yesterday and Safari just crashed when I clicked a link. I rebooted last night so I only have a few apps open. I do, however, have about 18 Safari tabs open. Apparently it's a bug or it just can't handle that many tabs without running into critically low memory. Makes me wish we still had a max of 8 tabs or at least a 'close all' feature.

13. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

Twitter

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

The update didn't fix the problem I have with pop ups telling me the app I'm on is turned off for cellular data when I'm on wifi. Is my phone reading that I'm not on wifi when I am?

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app

15. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

I haven't personally noticed any improvements or fixes.

16. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Did you have and specific issues which you were expecting a fix for, and are you talking iPad or iPhone, and which one ( 5, 5S , ....). Still,trying to sort out the ambiguity between ” it got better" vs " no change" vs "something now doesn't work which did work prior to the update” ...... Thanks !

Sent using iCafe app

17. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

Sometimes apps will crash (including stock), that's pretty much all I've noticed on iOS 7.0.3, and this update didn't seem to address that.

18. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

I just updated my iPad 3 from 7.0.3 to this latest release. It took all of six minutes. I never really saw any issues with the previous version, so I shouldn't really notice any difference.

I'm waiting to update my iPhone 5. I probably won't update it anytime soon. It's a company-issued phone and I'm about to get a 5s for my own.

#18 eye-Fone, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  19. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Safari crashed on me this morning. Seems like more of the same this go around.

20. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I'm not updating until a jailbreak comes out, I'll then update to whatever version they recommend. The reason is because I'm rock solid on 7.0.3