iOS 7.0.6 is Jailbreakable

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Yeah it's a pretty big SSL vulnerability, so everyone should upgrade asap... that being said, I'm waiting for evasi0n to be updated. lol

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm a huge fan of JellyLock - hopefully things will settle down again soon on Cydia. I'm in the progress of restoring my iPhone 5 to stock 7.0.6 then I'll jailbreak and re-apply my backup. Bought an iPad Air today, not sure it's worth jailbreaking :p

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
What caused the iPhone not to do the lock animation in out? Hard to explain as you can tell from what I just asked. I don't remember it doing that when on iOS 7.0.4.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Thanks to basicallyagod on reddit, here's how I restored all my Cydia tweaks.

I saw a link to an iDownloadBlog article yesterday on how to do this. It didn't provide very clear instructions, however, and as I am seeing quite a few questions about updating, I thought I'd provide this tutorial. You will need the following:

• OpenSSH
  • an SSH client on your pc
  • Mobile Terminal
1) SSH into your device with username "root" and password "alpine" (unless you've previously changed your root password)
2) Navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d and copy your cydia.list to your computer
3) run the Terminal application on your phone and type the following command:
dpkg --get-selections> installed-apps.txt
4) Navigate to /var/mobile via SSH and copy the new file "installed-apps.txt" to your computer
5) Fully backup then restore your phone to 7.0.6 via iTunes, then restore the backup, most tweak settings are saved with the backup
6) Jailbreak using Evasi0n 1.0.6 7) Once Jailbroken, download OpenSSH and MobileTerminal via Cydia, you will also need APT commands, so install AptBackup and it will install all the needed commands for you
8) SSH into your device, your password will be "alpine"
9) copy both "cydia.list" and "installed-apps.txt" back into the location you copied them from earlier
10) Open Mobile Terminal and run the following commands:
su
alpine
dpkg --set-selections <installed-apps.txt
apt-get dselect-upgrade
11) Reboot

EDIT: I've now personally followed this guide, not deviating at all, and everything is back to how it was pre-update. My only issue is that I am missing some App Store installed apps, but this is on Apple's side and not in any way a fault of the jailbreak.

EDIT2: Activator actions are gone as well, if you select Backup Assignments in Activator it will back them up and include them in your iTunes backup

EDIT3: Any custom fonts will be removed, if they are not from Cydia, back them up to your computer. They are located in /var/mobile/Library/MyFonts2

EDIT4: changed instructions to reflect the release of the newest evasi0n

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
Oh nice. I did a PkgBackup then a backup in iTunes, then put my phone in DFU mode and restored to 7.0.6. I selected restore from backup in iTunes. This took care of the Apple side of things. Then using the new Evasi0n I jailbroke again. Sad thing was that when I went to do the PkgBackup restore, it kept telling me my encryption key was wrong. (I may have mistyped it when I did the backup, I don't know). So basically, I had to go down the list and install all my apps from Cydia again. It took me the better part of the evening.

It was nice I could refer to some of the discussions here about several of the tweaks I had used. Thanks again Napoleon and Europa!

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Thanks to basicallyagod on reddit, here's how I restored all my Cydia tweaks.

I saw a link to an iDownloadBlog article yesterday on how to do this. It didn't provide very clear instructions, however, and as I am seeing quite a few questions about updating, I thought I'd provide this tutorial. You will need the following:

• OpenSSH
  • an SSH client on your pc
  • Mobile Terminal
1) SSH into your device with username "root" and password "alpine" (unless you've previously changed your root password)
2) Navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d and copy your cydia.list to your computer
3) run the Terminal application on your phone and type the following command:
dpkg --get-selections> installed-apps.txt
4) Navigate to /var/mobile via SSH and copy the new file "installed-apps.txt" to your computer
5) Fully backup then restore your phone to 7.0.6 via iTunes, then restore the backup, most tweak settings are saved with the backup
6) Jailbreak using Evasi0n 1.0.6 7) Once Jailbroken, download OpenSSH and MobileTerminal via Cydia, you will also need APT commands, so install AptBackup and it will install all the needed commands for you
8) SSH into your device, your password will be "alpine"
9) copy both "cydia.list" and "installed-apps.txt" back into the location you copied them from earlier
10) Open Mobile Terminal and run the following commands:
su
alpine
dpkg --set-selections <installed-apps.txt
apt-get dselect-upgrade
11) Reboot

EDIT: I've now personally followed this guide, not deviating at all, and everything is back to how it was pre-update. My only issue is that I am missing some App Store installed apps, but this is on Apple's side and not in any way a fault of the jailbreak.

EDIT2: Activator actions are gone as well, if you select Backup Assignments in Activator it will back them up and include them in your iTunes backup

EDIT3: Any custom fonts will be removed, if they are not from Cydia, back them up to your computer. They are located in /var/mobile/Library/MyFonts2

EDIT4: changed instructions to reflect the release of the newest evasi0n
Naps, what SSH Client do you recommend for Mac?

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm still absolutely amazed (after perusing another huge site) at how many people have no clue about jailbreaking, yet try to and end up flooding the site with the same questions day after day after day after day after day...

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
How about a free one? Cyberduck is $23.99. Yikes.

What do you recommend for Windows? I have two Windows PC's here at work.
It's a paid app in the Mac App Store, but it's still free if you download it elsewhere. The free version will ask you if you want to donate.

Use WinSCP on PCs.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
WinSCP. It has the Napoleon PhoneApart Seal of Approval. I use it all the time.
Thanks!

It's a paid app in the Mac App Store, but it's still free if you download it elsewhere. The free version will ask you if you want to donate.

Use WinSCP on PCs.
Thanks!

I might not upgrade and rejailbreak as there's a SSLPatch tweak available.