iOS 7.0.6 update now my Bluetooth option has gone missing

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by mark pierce, Mar 4, 2014.

1. mark pierce

mark pierce New Member

Hi can anyone help me i finally got the courage to update my iPhone4 to ios 7.0.6 after nearly having to to restore the whole thing i got it up and running, to my dismay the bluetooth option in settings has just gone, when i swipe up on the screen to try and turn it on from there it does nothing , it just seems not to be on the phone at all any answers would be helpful i cant Bluetooth to my car any more which is very frustrating and dangerous.

help please

2. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

Can you turn on Bluetooth from Settings? Sometimes toggling on a setting will enable the shortcut elsewhere. You might need to back up and do a complete factory reset. You can then restore from the back up.

3. mark pierce

mark pierce New Member

Its gone totally from settings too .. i feared i may have to to a full reset wish i had never bothered with the update in the 1st place i have everything in icloud i guess its all new to me the iPhone only had it 2 months have all my contacs and businesss details stored in i cloud i think is it easy to restore form there

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Have you called Apple Support about this? They may help you.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Restoring it should bring the option back. You can use your backup. You won't lose any media or settings.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's what we're here for. The internet is a great resource. ;) Besides, Apple only offers free telephone tech support on iPhones for the first 90 days of purchase. It's extended to two years if you get Apple Care+. Either way, it's an iPhone 4 so they would probably charge.

7. mark pierce

mark pierce New Member

Thanks everyone i will one day i guess restore........ are my photos saved to icloud i cant seem to see them in there thanks again for all your advice really appreciate it im a total novice to all this .... cheers

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Be sure to sync your photos to your computer before you restore. They only stay in the cloud for 30 days.