iOS 7.1.2 is out

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
iOS 7.1.2 is out. It's a relatively minor release, with bug and security fixes and minor improvements. Primarily it improves iBeacon connectivity, encrypts Mail attachments and corrects a bug that affected data transfer for some 3rd party accessories.

For those who jailbreak, here's the information you need.

Last edited:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
High point of my day. Shame that I just found out right now at the very moment when my bladder just happens to be full and I need to go empty it!

But that's okay, I am hooking up to iTunes via Lightning cable (I don't go for OTA updates) and I will see this through to the end before I go use the restroom.

ETA 8 minutes, plus a few minutes for the phone reboot, etc...

Last edited:

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
High point of my day. Shame that I just found out right now at the very moment when my bladder just happens to be full and I need to go empty it!

But that's okay, I am hooking up to iTunes via Lightning cable (I don't go for OTA updates) and I will see this through to the end before I go use the restroom.

It's a minor update, not Operation Overlord.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA

Thanks for sharing <GRIN>

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL

OTA worked great for me.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1404160477.496341.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It's a minor update, not Operation Overlord.
On 23 June 2014, in another thread, you wasted no time in shooting down my idea that we attempt to pull EXIF location data from those photographs of the purported 4.7" iPhone 6 prototype and dispatch a tactical unit to that location to attempt to extract the device in question. Your exact words were "Personally, I think you're stretching it.. This isn't exactly a case for Interpol."

Now you're telling me this iOS 7.1.2 update is a minor update, and not an undertaking of Operation Overlord-calibre.

I'm seeing a trend here. Are you implying that I sometimes exaggerate iOS/iPhone/OS X events? :D

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
well i updated last night, and my phone crashed.....right after I hit "accept" for the TOS... screen went black... then nothing..
There's been some iPhones doing that. You may have to Restore. Wait for someone to confirm this. I may be wrong. Here's how to Restore:

Turn your iPhone off.
Hold down the Home button and plug it into your computer. Keep holding the Home button until you see a screen telling you to connect to iTunes.
iTunes should show you a popup saying that there is an iPhone or iPad that is in Recovery Mode and needs to be restored before you can use it. Click OK.
Click on Restore iPhone... — if that's what you're using.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
well i updated last night, and my phone crashed.....right after I hit "accept" for the TOS... screen went black... then nothing..
Try a hard reset. Press the home and power buttons at the same time for several seconds. If it doesn't boot, connect to iTunes and press the restore button. You can restore from your last backup. If iTunes doesn't recognize it, put it in DFU mode and then restore.