iOS 7.1.3 Will Address Battery Drain and Calendar Issues

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Although no solid timetable has been set, Apple plans to release another iOS 7 upgrade, 7.1.3, to address calendar bugs and battery drain issues found in iOS 7.1.2. Article here.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Not to say that others don't have the problem, but I have not noticed any significant battery drainage on iOS 7.1.2.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I never saw a keyboard issue that was fixed in a previous update. ;)

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Please explain.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I was just making a point to MoneyMaker79 about how we don't always experience every problem fixed in an update.

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You're right, no doubt about that. :p

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Ah. Didn't see his post.

10. mingkiong

mingkiong New Member

i hope 7.1.3 update will fix my iPhone 4 sound problem( what i mean is now my iPhone 4 with 7.1.2 no media sound, notification & message sound also gone, but phone incoming ringer is ok), once you insert your headset to phone, everything go normal.

11. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I have a friend who experienced the same thing. I will check with her and see if she was able to resolve it. Did you upgrade OTA or with iTunes?

12. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Is it the sounds from the bottom speaker you don't hear? If you hear the top speaker but not the bottom speaker, try going to YouTube or another music app and turn the volume up there.

13. mingkiong

mingkiong New Member

i upgrade OTA, but after this sound problem happen, i go restore as new iPhone through iTunes, but no luck for me, still sameā€¦

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

14. Emsr2d2

Emsr2d2 New Member

I will be very happy if it fixes the battery drain problem. My iPhone 5 is going from 100% to empty in, at most, 6 hours of normal usage. I have to carry my charger with me at all times and if I know I won't get the chance to plug it in, I have to put the phone on Airplane Mode for most of the day and only use it when absolutely necessary. It's driving me mad.

15. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

6 hours of moderate to heavy use is not that unusual for a battery. I get between 7 and 9 hours, depending on what I do and how long I do it. I doubt you have a battery drain problem. But you can check that with this test. It comes from a former Apple Genius Bar worker. This is what he says do:

So here's the test: Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

16. Emsr2d2

Emsr2d2 New Member

I should have pointed out that the speed of battery drain doubled after the iOS update. "Normal usage" for me is simply a few texts, some instant messages, bit of social network and maybe checking the news and weather. Before the upgrade I used to have about 40% battery power left at 11pm. It's now practically gone by 3pm.

I will try that test though. Thanks.

17. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

iOS 7 did add features and settings that use more battery power. But it should not have doubled. Have you gone through and turned off all those things. There are many guides that offer tips on that. A few things that use a lot of battery are videos, movies, syncing music, intense mechanized games, and using location services and background app refresh with Facebook. I keep everything turned off for background app refresh. Also turn off Frequent locations. Here's 2 battery tip guides:
    http://www.everythingicafe.com/ios-7-1-battery-drain-fix/

http://osxdaily.com/2013/09/19/ios-7-battery-life-fix/

Hope this helps. Again, I think your battery is fine. It's all in usage.

18. Emsr2d2

Emsr2d2 New Member

I also think my battery is fine! I am using my phone in exactly the same way as I was before iOS 7.1.2 so clearly there is an issue. I have turned off Background App Updates for all but the essential ones and it's better than it was but it's still not back to its old self. I await 7.1.3 with bated breath and crossed fingers.
    Thanks for your suggestions.