iOS 7.1 and 'Require Passcode' Setting Change?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Rafagon, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

For some reason, when I go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Require Passcode, the only option I get is "Immediately." What happened to the "After 1 minute, after 5 minutes, etc..." options? Granted, I don't know for a fact that this is a result of the 7.1 update, as I hadn't looked at this setting in a while... It may have changed prior to 7.1.

photo.PNG

2. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

This is an iOS 7 setting. I see it on my 5s running 7.0.6. The immediately setting means that as soon as your phone is powered off or goes to sleep it will require the password upon waking. Some phones would allow a grace period.

The "after 1 minute..." is in the Auto Lock setting and sets how long the screen will stay awake before shutting off.

~S

3. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

You have the fingerprint unlock option on? Turn it off and the other time options should come back.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It is not a 7.1 change. It's been that way since day one when the 5s came out. I noticed it immediately after I got my 5s on launch day. You have time options when you use a pass code, but not Touch ID.