iOS 7.1 and 'Require Passcode' Setting Change?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
For some reason, when I go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Require Passcode, the only option I get is "Immediately." What happened to the "After 1 minute, after 5 minutes, etc..." options? Granted, I don't know for a fact that this is a result of the 7.1 update, as I hadn't looked at this setting in a while... It may have changed prior to 7.1.

photo.PNG

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
This is an iOS 7 setting. I see it on my 5s running 7.0.6. The immediately setting means that as soon as your phone is powered off or goes to sleep it will require the password upon waking. Some phones would allow a grace period.

The "after 1 minute..." is in the Auto Lock setting and sets how long the screen will stay awake before shutting off.

~S

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
For some reason, when I go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Require Passcode, the only option I get is "Immediately." What happened to the "After 1 minute, after 5 minutes, etc..." options? Granted, I don't know for a fact that this is a result of the 7.1 update, as I hadn't looked at this setting in a while... It may have changed prior to 7.1.

View attachment 35768
It is not a 7.1 change. It's been that way since day one when the 5s came out. I noticed it immediately after I got my 5s on launch day. You have time options when you use a pass code, but not Touch ID.