iOS 7 Available when?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by brdmsd, Jun 11, 2013.

1. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

Maybe I missed it but has Apple published a release date?

Sent using iCafe app

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The release date for iOS 7 is fall. Vague I know, but that's all we have right now. It'll go through numerous betas before the final release. They also need some fancy new hardware to go along with it. If I had to guess, September will mark the public release of iOS 7 and a new iPhone to go along with it.

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Now for the next logical question, in view of the probable new features of iOS7, what will it take to convince anyone to go for the new iPhone with iOS7 rather than keeping the iPhone 5 with iOS 7? For me, it will need to be a very spectacular set of features on the new phone to make me spend the big bucks for a new phone.

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I don't think we know enough yet. Remember, Siri was part of the initial beta. I wouldn't be surprised if there are new software features not included in the beta, for fear they would leak features of a new iPhone.

Not to go off topic, but after Monday, I'm not so certain Apple is steadfast on not going big. This group seems more flexible. I'm not sure why I say this, other than the vibe I got when watching the keynote.

5. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I'm placing my bet on late September early October

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I agree. I think a new iPhone 5S will be out in Sepember, a year after the release of the iPhone5. I expect to see the new iPad 5 in October a year after the iPad Mini was released. I'm saving my pennies for both. The end of this year is gonna rock for me (as per my unconfirmed predictions-hey, we all gotta dream)! WOOHOO!

7. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I think it will be one event. Apple doesn't usually have 2 events in 2 months.

8. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

IloveiPhones

Hey Mac, how R U? They had two Events back to back in 2012. In September it was the unveiling of the iPhone 5 and in October it was the unveiling of the iPad Mini and iPad 4.

Here is the link to the Apple page where they showcase all their events: http://www.apple.com/apple-events/

I'm just guessing that this year will mirror last year especially since things are expected to come out in the fall.

9. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I forgot that then. :p But, it seems more Apple like to have just a fall product release keynote.

I am good, thanks! How have you been?

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I'm good Mac! It would seem like one keynote would be best, however, I'm thinking they might have two special events, this way they can focus on one main subject at a time.

When they have one event for the iPhone 5S all, the focus is on that product. No fragmented thinking..,Oooh the iPhone 5S is nice but the iPad mini is nice and the new iPad 5 is nice too. I would think, they would want focus on one major product release at a time, wait until the smoke clears and then BAM!, hit us with another major product release. Four or so weeks later, iPad 5 up next. I can now focus on this, as I hold my new iPhone 5S in my hand and watch the iPad Special Event.

But.... they could just jam it all in one keynote or special event. LOL! We'll see. No matter how its done, I'll have my fist full of money waiting to throw it at them.