iOS 7 Beta 4 Tomorrow (29th July)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm sure with each beta release of iOS 7 there will be hundreds of bug fixes. The trouble with iOS 7, at least in beta, is app support. Developers for the most part have to yet to release their iOS 7 compatible apps. Even as the OS gets stable, apps that don't have an updated codebase will remain unstable.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I'm sure with each beta release of iOS 7 there will be hundreds of bug fixes. The trouble with iOS 7, at least in beta, is app support. Developers for the most part have to yet to release their iOS 7 compatible apps. Even as the OS gets stable, apps that don't have an updated codebase will remain unstable.
Eic app doesn't work with beta 3, at least for me.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm hoping they'll fix the URL/Search bar in Safari. I'm sick of trying to search for something e.g "how to crimp a cat 6 cable?" and after every single word I get .com or .co.uk or .net etc etc. It's ridiculously annoying.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Bigger question is why are you searching for how to crimp a CAT6 cable.:D
I had literally just crimped a cat 6 cable and I was unsure of the colours. I know the cat 5e colours but wanted to check to make sure I terminated them correctly.

They got rid of that in b3...
Really? Thanks! I've stopped using Safari because of it, the stress of having to re-type something four or five times made me switch to Chrome.

But they still left a "." key there, which I frequently hit instead of the spacebar. It was an interesting idea to save some time, but at the end of the day, I'd prefer to have my keyboard be the same layout throughout the OS.
I can't wait to remove that annoying "." button!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
You're probably right. It looks like the new Developer Preview of Mavericks was released today.
Apple released a statement today about the breach and how they're keeping the developer section offline whilst they rebuild all of their databases etc. Might be some time :(

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
If they do release it, the only way to upgrade will be OTA, there's literally no way to get the ISPWs right now while the developer's portal is down. I just tried to register a UDID for a friend, but at the moment I cannot do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.