iOS 7 Bugs

njdevils1986

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Tinton Falls, NJ
Press the home button and the power button at the same time. Let go when you see the Apple logo. Then reset you network settings in the settings app.
Did that already...still an issue. My friend has the same problem and someone told him it could be a Verizon issue? Oh well, wait and see mode now....

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Did that already...still an issue. My friend has the same problem and someone told him it could be a Verizon issue? Oh well, wait and see mode now....
Doubtful. I don't see how Verizon could be causing that. Does this happen when you answer on the phone itself, with headphones, Bluetooth or with all three?

njdevils1986

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Tinton Falls, NJ
Doubtful. I don't see how Verizon could be causing that. Does this happen when you answer on the phone itself, with headphones, Bluetooth or with all three?
Only with incoming calls on phone only. Bluetooth..no problem. Seems to me to be a proximity sensor issue? Also, sometimes incoming calls go right to VM. Maybe an iOS 7 issue with Verizon not compliant?

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Only with incoming calls on phone only. Bluetooth..no problem. Seems to me to be a proximity sensor issue? Also, sometimes incoming calls go right to VM. Maybe an iOS 7 issue with Verizon not compliant?
Is it possible that you are inadvertently hitting the speakerphone button with your cheek? But yeah, that would be a proximity sensor problem. As far as calls going straight to voicemail, does it happen frequently? I've had it happen infrequently on every iPhone I've had.

njdevils1986

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Tinton Falls, NJ
Exactly, incoming calls when I answer is the issue. Placing outgoing calls.. no problem at all. Calls going straight to VM is about the same as iOS 6 but more frequently. When is 7.0.3 update coming out? Heard that update should clear up most issues.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Exactly, incoming calls when I answer is the issue. Placing outgoing calls.. no problem at all. Calls going straight to VM is about the same as iOS 6 but more frequently. When is 7.0.3 update coming out? Heard that update should clear up most issues.
They don't usually give ETAs, but I'm guessing within the next few weeks.

iBanana

Silver
Jan 15, 2010
United States
Yesterday I tried to use Siri to text my dad while driving. I asked her to text him and she kept asking for his name. I have him set up in my phone as dad and I even have a nickname set as dad. She couldnt get it figured out so I ended up calling him. Anyone else having issues with her being a little more difficult than she used to be?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I once had18 GB of usage and was using a tethering app on my iPhone 4. No issues at all.

Sent using iCafe app
I think It was AT&T having issues, it's back to normal this morning and actually faster then ever on LTE (31. Plus download) and I'm close to 7 Gigs of usage with 2 days left on my billing cycle.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I was hoping that iOS 7 would improve the Bluetooth on my iPod touch. It's made it considerably worse.

I do like the ease of buying songs from iTunes and really don't have any other choices in Canada.

It's not the headset since I use it daily with my phone with zero issues. Relatively speaking Apple really really sucks at Bluetooth. It must be because it's a shared standard. Maybe if Apple developed a Lightning-tooth.

I've also done the reset network settings but that doesn't do anything for existing pairings. The only way to get some usability is to unpaid and re-pair. What a fail.

Wow, even repairing leaves me with a flaky connect. I'll have to compare it with my old iPod touch.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
The thing reported a lost connection and then automatically reconnected after about 30 seconds. Just did a hard boot. Fingers crossed.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
The thing reported a lost connection and then automatically reconnected after about 30 seconds. Just did a hard boot. Fingers crossed.

Which Bluetooth set are you using currently?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I've never had any Bluetooth issues with any iPhone.
I could write a whole page about the various Bluetooth problems I've experienced on my iPhones since 2010. I use Bluetooth several hours a day so I've probably experienced them all - luckily most of them are resolved now. Are you using a Bluetooth headset for phone calls and how often do you use it?

Last edited:

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I could write a whole page about the various Bluetooth problems I've experienced on my iPhones. I use Bluetooth several hours a day so I've probably experienced them all. Are you using a Bluetooth headset for phone calls and how often do you use it?
I only use the Bluetooth for phone calls, nothing else. I have a jawbone icon that I used on my 4S and now 5, no problems in pairing on disconnections, I also use my car Bluetooth and it works marvelously, I don't know if that qualifies with what you guys are talking about here but it's Bluetooth, I use that everytime I'm driving. My wife used the same ICON in her iPhone 4, no issues. I had a Bluetooth headset that now I use on my playstation, can't remember the brand, but I used that on my iPhone 4 and never had any problems, didn't use it all day but when I did use it It worked great. It was around 100 bucks back when I bought it, but again I'm not sure about the brand. I'm guessing Motorola?