iOS 7 Bugs

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Are any of you still experiencing the bug where if you're playing a game (it's happened to me with several of thing, like WWF and 2048), and you receive a phone call, once the phoen call is completed, suddenly the game's audio gets muted? It memory serves, this has been going on for quite some time.

Is there a way to remedy this other than power-cycling your iPhone?

It really does get tedious after a while.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Are any of you still experiencing the bug where if you're playing a game (it's happened to me with several of thing, like WWF and 2048), and you receive a phone call, once the phoen call is completed, suddenly the game's audio gets muted? It memory serves, this has been going on for quite some time.

Is there a way to remedy this other than power-cycling your iPhone?

It really does get tedious after a while.
Did you try force quitting the app?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Has anyone heard of or experienced Do Not Disturb setting itself on? This morning I noticed the DND icon was on. I went into Settings > DND and noticed Manual was set to ON. I have not used DND in months. My MO is to set Airplane Mode on when I go to bed.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Has anyone heard of or experienced Do Not Disturb setting itself on? This morning I noticed the DND icon was on. I went into Settings > DND and noticed Manual was set to ON. I have not used DND in months. My MO is to set Airplane Mode on when I go to bed.
I just read online about issues in the past with DND staying on even after it was supposed to turn off, but I haven't heard about it setting itself on.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I don't know if this is a bug, or simply a result of the parallax effect taken to an extreme. With the Reduce Motion setting in the OFF position, certain very abrupt movements of the iPhone can cause a badge from an app on the Home Screen to show up momentarily on the second screen. This is fairly easy to replicate should you wish to, but please ensure you have a nice, tight grip on your phone before you attempt this.

1.jpg

A different type of abrupt movement can cause a badge from the home screen to interfere momentarily with text on the status bar; for example, with the carrier name.

2.jpg

These anomalies remain on-screen only for about a second. Everything returns to normal quickly.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I don't know if this is a bug, or simply a result of the parallax effect taken to an extreme. With the Reduce Motion setting in the OFF position, certain very abrupt movements of the iPhone can cause a badge from an app on the Home Screen to show up momentarily on the second screen. This is fairly easy to replicate should you wish to, but please ensure you have a nice, tight grip on your phone before you attempt this.

View attachment 37132

A different type of abrupt movement can cause a badge from the home screen to interfere momentarily with text on the status bar; for example, with the carrier name.

View attachment 37133

These anomalies remain on-screen only for about a second. Everything returns to normal quickly.
It appears your screen is offset to the right a bit, allowing that part of the red badge to show. Is it always offset that way, or just when you shake your phone?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It appears your screen is offset to the right a bit, allowing that part of the red badge to show. Is it always offset that way, or just when you shake your phone?
It's not really a "Shaking motion" that causes this, it's an abrupt and fast motion (in a single direction) that is a bit hard to describe. The faster the sudden movement, the greater the offset. But, like I said, it returns back to normal fairly quickly—within 45 to 60 seconds max.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
On my recent calls screen, the ellipsis ("...") for names that don't fit in their entirety was displayed in red for calls that were actually received (it should have been black). The incorrect color went away when I scrolled down on the list, then back up. However, going back to that screen after a few hours, I saw the red ellipsis on a received call again.

ellipsisred.jpg