iOS 7 Compatible Cydia Apps/Tweaks

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Hey,

I've literally just jailbroken so I'm still fumbling through what works and what doesn't work on the new iOS 7 jailbreak.

Does anyone know of any apps which do and/or don't work?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Thanks for early adopting. Are you on iOS 7.0.4 and a 5s?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
No I decided to stay with the iPhone 5. I've played with a few 5s's and I can only just see the difference so I stayed with the 5.

I can't really say a lot for apps and tweaks this early as mobilesubstrate is still broken. Unfortunately I need mobilesubstrate as it protects the device from user error.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
No I decided to stay with the iPhone 5. I've played with a few 5s's and I can only just see the difference so I stayed with the 5.

I can't really say a lot for apps and tweaks this early as mobilesubstrate is still broken. Unfortunately I need mobilesubstrate as it protects the device from user error.
I would definitely love to help, but would a new jailbreak program be needed when all is fixed?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Credit to evvhiteboy on reddit;

Working:

Accelerate
WelcomeMe
OverAchiever
Plugication
Software Update Killer
ShakeToUndo Killer
NoStoreButton
NoPasscodeBlock
FakeClockUp
Privacy
Signal 2
Signal Booster (works after crashing on first open)
AirPlayServer

Not Working:

Flex (throws an error on start up and breaks. Installs fine though.)

Phantom (Crashes when taking pics, and lots of other errors)

Bridge (crashes on startup)

ShowCase (Stays at lowercase, doesn't have config in settings)

SwipeSelect (Makes deletion/backspace difficult)

PasswordPilot (doesn't autofill)

Nitrous (Cant verify license)

SleepFX (effects don't work)

Purni Pro (no license verification, misc breaks)

NotesTweak (breaks notes app)

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Well this is interesting. Things were working, such as Five Icon Dock, until I had to reboot device. Then things went back to what they were when I didn't install those things, but those things are still installed, but I can't put a fifth icon in dock.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Here's the most inclusive iOS 7 compatibility list that I'm aware of. This is the source I've been using for a couple years now. It's a great reference as they list a lot of tweaks/apps and list gets updated frequently. The site is experiencing a little bit of trouble right now due to high traffic.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Here's the most inclusive iOS 7 compatibility list that I'm aware of. This is the source I've been using for a couple years now. It's a great reference as they list a lot of tweaks/apps and list gets updated frequently. The site is experiencing a little bit of trouble right now due to high traffic.
I've read that compatibility for A7 iDevices is almost nil.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
For some reason WelcomeMe doesn't show in settings nor does anything else. Five icon dock doesn't work. Everything was fine the last time I was jailbroken on 7. I decided to re-jailbreak as I miss it although it has issues. Could I possibly need to re-jailbreak again? Nothing went wrong so I'm not sure.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
For some reason WelcomeMe doesn't show in settings nor does anything else. Five icon dock doesn't work. Everything was fine the last time I was jailbroken on 7. I decided to re-jailbreak as I miss it although it has issues. Could I possibly need to re-jailbreak again? Nothing went wrong so I'm not sure.
I believe there is a new iOS 7 specific "Five Icon Dock iOS 7" on Cydia. I can't confirm as my Cydia hasn't refreshed in 24 hours.

There aren't any issues, unless you were tethered previously (boot loop problems) - the only things which could cause a problem is compatibility for Mobilesubstrate and Cydia itself. Everything else will be updated in time, as it always is.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I believe there is a new iOS 7 specific "Five Icon Dock iOS 7" on Cydia. I can't confirm as my Cydia hasn't refreshed in 24 hours.

There aren't any issues, unless you were tethered previously (boot loop problems) - the only things which could cause a problem is compatibility for Mobilesubstrate and Cydia itself. Everything else will be updated in time, as it always is.
Thanks. What's strange is settings showed for a few tweaks like WelcomeMe, but not anymore. I have Five Icon dock. It doesn't work now. It worked the other day.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thanks. What's strange is settings showed for a few tweaks like WelcomeMe, but not anymore. I have Five Icon dock. It doesn't work now. It worked the other day.
Once Mobilesubstrate is fixed you will see a wealth of compatibility updates hit Cydia. And new cheeky tweaks and alike.

The mobilesubstrate is incredibly important, if you ask me. It could be the difference between a restore and the loss of a jailbreak OR a simple Safe Mode crash, which you can easily recover from i.e remove suspect package etc.

For those that aren't fully aware of what the mobilesubstrate does read here for more info :)

Last edited by a moderator: