iOS 7 Control Center Quick Toggles

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
This was a big one for many people. Now you can easily access Bluetooth, WiFi and even grab a flash light from any app or the home screen. As someone who is constantly connecting to Bluetooth devices, this is a major plus for me.

Thoughts? Do you like the execution?

ios7-screen.png

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
I think it looks much better, but too much white. Seems like they are starting to listen their users though.

Sent from my Nexus 4

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Honestly, I've never really understood the need for toggling hardware on/off so frequently that you need it one swipe away, but I'm all for adding the capability. Having brightness, camera, music controls, and flashlight available quickly anywhere seems most handy to me.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Honestly, I've never really understood the need for toggling hardware on/off so frequently that you need it one swipe away, but I'm all for adding the capability. Having brightness, camera, music controls, and flashlight available quickly anywhere seems most handy to me.
Really? I use toggles and sliders multiple times a day. Mainly for WiFi and brightness, but I use my the flashlight a lot and my Siri toggle occasionally (if I'm going to lose my signal so I still have music controls). I also use DND a lot and the airplane mode toggle occasionally. WiFi is my big one, though. I have to toggle that on and off at work a lot since some sites are blocked or just won't load on WiFi for whatever reason.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
It is basically the iOS Dashboard I've been asking for, minus the main thing I wanted (the unification of multitasking, search, and notification center into these little widgets).

I like it.

It will be my most used feature since they broke auto brightness in iOS 6.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I like how they have a rotation lock there as well. It will be faster to get to than what we have now.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
The live stream was buggy for me and I missed that part. How do you access control center? Just a swipe from the bottom? Looks nice, and waaaay overdue.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Pretty weak in my opinion. Brightness and music controls are already available as quick-access controls in the app switcher. With the new setup they take up most of the real estate. Airplay is already an option when an applicable app is open. Airplay is cool, but again, won't it be available within an eligible app?

I'm hoping the top bar of five toggles is customizable and expandable to include AutoLock and Location Services, KillAllApps, SSH, etc. If Apple is going to borrow from jailbreak tweaks they might as well do it right. :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Pretty weak in my opinion. Brightness and music controls are already available as quick-access controls in the app switcher. With the new setup they take up most of the real estate. Airplay is already an option when an applicable app is open. Airplay is cool, but again, won't it be available within an eligible app?

I'm hoping the top bar of five toggles is customizable and expandable to include AutoLock and Location Services, KillAllApps, SSH, etc. If Apple is going to borrow from jailbreak tweaks they might as well do it right. :)
Weak?! I disagree. The task switcher toggles for (task switcher) music, brightness and rotation aren't as quick and easy to get to and you can't access the rotation lock and brightness from the lock screen right now. I think it's great implementation of the real estate on this new screen and I like how you can easily activate it by sliding up from the bottom. Having access to toggles, sliders and the flashlight from the lock screen will be very handy.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Weak?! I disagree. The task switcher toggles for music and rotation aren't as quick and easy to get to and you can't access them from the lock screen. I think it's great implementation of the real estate on this new screen that works on the lock screen.
I think this should have been in iOS5 or 6. Don't get me wrong, I'll take it, but it's still disappointing and a weak offering IMO. They're just toying with us, as usual.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I think this should have been in iOS5 or 6. Don't get me wrong, I'll take it, but it's still disappointing and a weak offering IMO. They're just toying with us, as usual.
Wow. I couldn't disagree more. I don't think they are toying with us at all where toggles are concerned. Yes, they are overdue, but it's better late than never and the implementation is great.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Wow. I couldn't disagree more. I don't think they are toying with us at all where toggles are concerned. Yes, they are overdue, but it's better late than never and the implementation is great.

Better late than never? You know better than most of us (IMO) that this is too late. Oh, but yeah, it is before Never, so you got me on that. :)