iOS 7 Control Center Quick Toggles

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by chris, Jun 10, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

This was a big one for many people. Now you can easily access Bluetooth, WiFi and even grab a flash light from any app or the home screen. As someone who is constantly connecting to Bluetooth devices, this is a major plus for me.

Thoughts? Do you like the execution?

ios7-screen.png

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I love the execution. I've been waiting for stock settings toggles for years.

3. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot
    Gold

I think it looks much better, but too much white. Seems like they are starting to listen their users though.

Sent from my Nexus 4

4. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Honestly, I've never really understood the need for toggling hardware on/off so frequently that you need it one swipe away, but I'm all for adding the capability. Having brightness, camera, music controls, and flashlight available quickly anywhere seems most handy to me.

5. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot
    Gold

They are all very handy, trust me.

Sent from my Nexus 4

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Really? I use toggles and sliders multiple times a day. Mainly for WiFi and brightness, but I use my the flashlight a lot and my Siri toggle occasionally (if I'm going to lose my signal so I still have music controls). I also use DND a lot and the airplane mode toggle occasionally. WiFi is my big one, though. I have to toggle that on and off at work a lot since some sites are blocked or just won't load on WiFi for whatever reason.

7. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

It is basically the iOS Dashboard I've been asking for, minus the main thing I wanted (the unification of multitasking, search, and notification center into these little widgets).

I like it.

It will be my most used feature since they broke auto brightness in iOS 6.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I like how they have a rotation lock there as well. It will be faster to get to than what we have now.

9. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

The live stream was buggy for me and I missed that part. How do you access control center? Just a swipe from the bottom? Looks nice, and waaaay overdue.

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I wonder if the quick toggles will be configurable.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think it's very likely.

12. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

How would you want to configure them?

13. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Pretty weak in my opinion. Brightness and music controls are already available as quick-access controls in the app switcher. With the new setup they take up most of the real estate. Airplay is already an option when an applicable app is open. Airplay is cool, but again, won't it be available within an eligible app?

I'm hoping the top bar of five toggles is customizable and expandable to include AutoLock and Location Services, KillAllApps, SSH, etc. If Apple is going to borrow from jailbreak tweaks they might as well do it right. :)

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Arrange them in the order I want and disable certain ones that I don't use such as volume.

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Weak?! I disagree. The task switcher toggles for (task switcher) music, brightness and rotation aren't as quick and easy to get to and you can't access the rotation lock and brightness from the lock screen right now. I think it's great implementation of the real estate on this new screen and I like how you can easily activate it by sliding up from the bottom. Having access to toggles, sliders and the flashlight from the lock screen will be very handy.

16. Deke736

Deke736 Member
    Bronze

I'd love to see a toggle for the Personal Hotspot included. I use that one pretty regularly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I think this should have been in iOS5 or 6. Don't get me wrong, I'll take it, but it's still disappointing and a weak offering IMO. They're just toying with us, as usual.

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Wow. I couldn't disagree more. I don't think they are toying with us at all where toggles are concerned. Yes, they are overdue, but it's better late than never and the implementation is great.

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Apple will never satisfy everybody. The expectations are so overhyped I'm surprised they can satisfy anybody. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Better late than never? You know better than most of us (IMO) that this is too late. Oh, but yeah, it is before Never, so you got me on that. :)