iOS 7, Features you might want removed or changed ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Hey there are always features people don't like, for example the spotlight feature, many people do not like this and this annoys them. Is there any current features you might want removed or changed in IOS7?

• What Features do you not like ?
  • Why do you not like the feature ?
  • Would you want it remove or upgrade
  • if upgrade, how would you upgrade it?
myself there is not one i can think of to be honest.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
1. I don't like how the folder is still open when you close an app that you opened from within a folder.
2. Shake to Undo. I never use it, so it's a nuisance 100% of the time that it shows up. It should be optional.
3. The four options for triple-click home. I never use any of them. I know some people do, so I don't want them gone; I just want phone favorites added as an option there. It used to be the default for double-tap, but we lost it with 3.0 when voice commands were activated with that gesture.
4. During the restore process, I don't like how Apple requires that firmware to be signed by them. It was so much nicer before they implemented that feature. Restores to any firmware were a piece of cake.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
1. I don't like how the folder is open when you close an app that you opened from within a folder.
2. Shake to Undo. I never use it, so it's a nuisance 100% of the time that it shows up. It should be optional.
3. The four options for triple-click home. I never use any of them. I know some people do, so I don't want them gone; I just want phone favorites added as an option there. It used to be the default for double-tap, but we lost it with 3.0 when voice commands were activated with that gesture.
4. During the restore process, I don't like how Apple requires that firmware to be signed by them. It was so much nicer before they implemented that feature. Restores to any firmware were a piece of cake.
Ding, ding, ding, ding!

BTW, still waiting for you to call me back. Get on the stick, woman. :D

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Forgot one: Facebook integration. For starters, it's too easy for people to inadvertently add all of their Facebook friends to their contact list when they didn't intend to do that.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
1. I don't like how the folder is open when you close an app that you opened from within a folder.

I use the shake to undo feature a lot, there are a few times where i have to undo things.
The rest i agree though and your 4th point is your strongest one i agree with.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Newsstand need to go bye bye and make it an optional download via the app store..
Talking about newsstand made me think of that passbook. This really annoys me.
I don't use it either, but rather than just making two apps not stock anymore, I'd rather they added the ability to hide stock and third party apps. I want to hide eight of the stock apps.

Stiflestand still works for hiding Newsstand.
http://filippobiga.com/stiflestand/

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Please let us set default email, web browser, navigation, camera, and media player apps.

I also feel like the UI has gotten very inconsistent over the last couple years (especially between the iPad and iPhone), and fixes to that would be much appreciated.

And I would also like the ability to rename photos in the Photos app, and also view their data such as the date and GPS location the photo was taken at.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Since we're getting into feature requests, I'll add my input.

1. Settings toggles. Seriously, Apple. I am beyond irritated that I have to swim through menus to disable/enable settings when you force me to remain stock. Ease of use is your thing. This is a no-brainer. Gawd.
2. In-app and lockscreen quick reply and quick compose texting is long overdue. We have had texting overlays on jailbroken phones for five years. It's time to make this a stock feature.
3. The phone app should not be so obtrusive when we are using the phone. It should be an overlay where we have the option to accept or decline without exiting the current app.
4. The task switcher is too basic and needs to be spruced up. I love how apps freeze instead of closing, but there needs to be a "close all" feature. I know it's not necessary since the apps close upon reboot and after a set time, but most people don't know that so they frequently take the time to close them out individually, which is tedious. Seeing the apps that are closed as a subdued icon would be nice also. Closing them should be easier - a swipe down is optimal.
5. More customization options. Though root access is not going to happen and full customization capabilities can't happen without that, a few simple customization options would be nice. For example, just as we can apply a wallpaper, we could apply a dock of our choice. Rearranging the icons in a Gridlock or Iconoclasm-type fashion or adding coverflow options to the dock icons would also be easy to implement without root access. The background for Siri and Notification Center should also be customizable. Elements like the rotation lock should have an off setting just like the battery percentage. The icons should be scalable for those who don't like big icons and want to see more of their wallpaper. The lock clock font and color should be customizable.
6. The lockscreen needs to show the time in medium to large text while you are on a phone call. We should not have to slide to unlock and look for the time in small text on the status bar during a conversation.
7. Siri should disable itself automatically and fall back to Voice Controls when the cellular signal is dropped. There is no reason for local tasks like music controls to go through the Internet in the first place, and we should not lose the ability to control music simply because we don't have a signal. This worked fine until Siri was rolled out.
8. Gestures, buttons and shortcuts should be programmable for assigned tasks such as activating the flashlight and swiping through apps. A quick way to get to phone favorites needs to be brought back and this is the answer.
9. Safari needs a built-in download manager, a full screen option, gestures and pull to refresh.
10. There should be an option for the folder to close after opening an app so it's not still open when you quit that app.
11. Text wrap/formatting for easier reading.

All of these features are available on jailbroken phones with the exception of #7 and 11.

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
Put in iBooks! I could live with that. The icon which seems to trouble so many goes away and all of Newstand continues to exist in iBooks. Would want the ability to put magazines and/or newspapers in Collections I create or choose as opposed to it being a totally separate entity within iBooks.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Put in iBooks! I could live with that. The icon which seems to trouble so many goes away and all of Newstand continues to exist in iBooks. Would want the ability to put magazines and/or newspapers in Collections I create or choose as opposed to it being a totally separate entity within iBooks.
The simplest solution is to allow the user to hide the apps they don't use, not put the Newsstand app inside another app. It's not just Newsstand that's useless to a lot of people - it's Stocks, Game Center, Compass, Contacts (it's in the phone app), Weather (it can be opened from the widget in NC), and Passbook. I want to hide them all. I don't want to see Newsstand when I open iBooks.

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
The simplest solution is to allow the user to hide the apps they don't use, not put the Newsstand app inside another app. It's not just Newsstand that's useless to a lot of people - it's Stocks, Game Center, Compass, Contacts (it's in the phone app), Weather (it can be opened from the widget in NC), and Passbook. I want to hide them all. I don't want to see Newsstand when I open iBooks.
Okay. So not the Newsstand app inside of iBooks, just all of its capabilities. You're in iBooks, you go to the store, and one of your choices is Magazines and another is Newspapers. It's all reading or for some looking at pictures.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
The way I see it, Siri is more a gimmick because to me anyone talking out loud to their phone looks like a tool or that's how I would feel if I was to do it.
Sitting on a bus, here Siri text Peter
" how are you doing, remember we have a meeting at 1 pm tomorrow"

But that's my opinion.

Sent using a bottle of fairy liquid