iOS 7 has live wallpaper

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ZR_Yancy, Jun 11, 2013.

1. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

On one of the videos of iOS7, I noticed live wallpaper. Did anyone catch that?

2. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

I did not. Very interesting indeed. I wonder if this allows for Video Wallpaper? Something I eagerly jailbroke for.

3. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I believe I saw live wallpaper as well.

Sent using iCafe app

4. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Yeah, but you can only use the two included with the OS so far. They react to the accelerometer - the bubble things float around when you rotate/shake the screen.

5. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Ya I caught it on the keynote. I think that's what they call "dynamic" wallpapers, looks pretty cool.

Sent using iCafe app

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Yeah I saw that. It looked really good. It looked fun! I just hope it's something that will stick and not "disappear" when the final version comes out. If it does stick around, which I'm kinda sure it will, the developers will have a great time coming out with compatible animated wallpapers for us.

7. psylichon

psylichon Genius

They better have more than two available for the GM.

8. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

This is not the final. I think Apple may come up with a few more. But just imagine what the Animated Wallpaper Apps will be like. I think develpers are going to give us some nice stuff. Also, I'm thinking of apps that will allow you to make your own animated wallpapers. That will be great.

9. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Just like when retina wallpapers became a hit w/the retina display, all we gotta do is just wait and those dynamic wallpaper apps will come rolling in. I'm pretty sure that element is gonna stick. They were showing off the live background in the weather app too. I see more things happening w/it.

Sent using iCafe app

10. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

It's not clear if that will be possible yet. These dynamic wallpapers are not simple gifs, videos, or screensavers.

11. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

:unsure: I know it's not easy to create. I'm hoping some genius developer can make it easy, and doable if it can be done. It would be awesome. Maybe over time a developer will crack the code to make something like that easy for the masses, of course for a fee. $1.99 or $4.99 or $9.99:cautious: . I'd pay to have the capability to make my own animated backgrounds if it is way too complicated to be a free app.

12. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Oh I don't doubt that people can do it, it's probably not that complicated in reality (just not as easy as a short looped animation). What I meant by the first sentence, but didn't do a very good job of explaining, is that there aren't any options for third-party dynamic apps in the wallpaper settings, so it's not clear if Apple will even allow it.

13. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

It reminds me of LivePaper. The bubbles react to touch but not the accelerometer like the one in iOS7.

14. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I wonder if there will be a whole new place in the App store for live walls ?

15. Marc_

Marc_ Member
    Bronze

Good idea. I'd buy them!

Sent using iCafe app

16. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

There definitely would be a lot of money to be had if you're one of the 1st devs to have your live wallpaper app in the Appstore.

17. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I tried live wallpaper on Android before but it was a battery hog, I'd try it in iOS providing it doesn't affect battery life too much.