iOS 7 has live wallpaper

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Yeah, but you can only use the two included with the OS so far. They react to the accelerometer - the bubble things float around when you rotate/shake the screen.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Yeah I saw that. It looked really good. It looked fun! I just hope it's something that will stick and not "disappear" when the final version comes out. If it does stick around, which I'm kinda sure it will, the developers will have a great time coming out with compatible animated wallpapers for us.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
They better have more than two available for the GM.
This is not the final. I think Apple may come up with a few more. But just imagine what the Animated Wallpaper Apps will be like. I think develpers are going to give us some nice stuff. Also, I'm thinking of apps that will allow you to make your own animated wallpapers. That will be great.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Just like when retina wallpapers became a hit w/the retina display, all we gotta do is just wait and those dynamic wallpaper apps will come rolling in. I'm pretty sure that element is gonna stick. They were showing off the live background in the weather app too. I see more things happening w/it.

Sent using iCafe app

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I think develpers are going to give us some nice stuff. Also, I'm thinking of apps that will allow you to make your own animated wallpapers. That will be great.
It's not clear if that will be possible yet. These dynamic wallpapers are not simple gifs, videos, or screensavers.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
It's not clear if that will be possible yet. These dynamic wallpapers are not simple gifs, videos, or screensavers.
:unsure: I know it's not easy to create. I'm hoping some genius developer can make it easy, and doable if it can be done. It would be awesome. Maybe over time a developer will crack the code to make something like that easy for the masses, of course for a fee. $1.99 or $4.99 or $9.99:cautious: . I'd pay to have the capability to make my own animated backgrounds if it is way too complicated to be a free app.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Oh I don't doubt that people can do it, it's probably not that complicated in reality (just not as easy as a short looped animation). What I meant by the first sentence, but didn't do a very good job of explaining, is that there aren't any options for third-party dynamic apps in the wallpaper settings, so it's not clear if Apple will even allow it.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I tried live wallpaper on Android before but it was a battery hog, I'd try it in iOS providing it doesn't affect battery life too much.