iOS 7 hell! help me downgrade

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ibrahim Allaf

Bronze
Apr 28, 2011
Dubai, U.A.E.
berryracer.com
My wife has an iPad 2 and it has been working perfectly until she updated to that cursed iOS 7

1) She hates the cartoony look

2) her iPad became laggy in everything she does including typing

3) she updated to the 2nd iOS 7 update hoping things would get better but nope

4) in Skype, when she is in a call, the other party cannot hear her although the mic is not muted

5) we installed a free sound recorder to see if the mic is even working and it IS! so it's skype that is not playing well with iOS 7

6) Please help me help her downgrade to iOS 6 with a step by step guide I am a noobie when it comes to
Apple products

thanks in advance

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
My wife has an iPad 2 and it has been working perfectly until she updated to that cursed iOS 7

4) in Skype, when she is in a call, the other party cannot hear her although the mic is not muted

5) we installed a free sound recorder to see if the mic is even working and it IS! so it's skype that is not playing well with iOS 7

6) Please help me help her downgrade to iOS 6 with a step by step guide I am a noobie when it comes to
Apple products

thanks in advance
No can do, sorry to say. The signing window for downgrading to iOS 6.x.x has closed.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Not exactly. It's clearly skype that's the issue.

You might want to try deleting the Skype app on the iPad and re-installing it. Sometimes this fixes weird app bugs.

Other than that, the best you can do is report the problem to skype and hope for a skype app update.

Last edited:

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008

Apple products

thanks in advance
iOS 7 has been running perfectly fine on my iPad 2. Might I suggest a hard reset? Reset all settings? Full restore?

As others have stated, you can't go back to iOS 6. It took me a while, but I got used to the new look and now I prefer it. I got tired of looking at the same stock apps for 6 years...

Proteous

Sep 29, 2013

Apple products

thanks in advance
Just wait until an IOS 7 jailbreak becomes available, then you should be able to downgrade fairly easily.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Ford loves to make you buy new products.

Frigidaire loves to make you buy new products.

Samsung loves to make you buy new products (especially when they're gold!).
Well how about this?... the all time champion of industries making you buy new stuff: GOLF

Not a new concept. Its how companies stay in businesss.