iOS 7 Jailbreak Already in the Chamber?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

According to Cult of Mac, the iPhone dev team has an exploit ready for iOS 7, but waiting until it is released.

2. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

BOOM!

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Very bold statement for @p0sixninja, considering there isn't even a beta of iOS 7 yet.

Unless the man has people on the inside.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I don't think he was implying that he can jailbreak iOS 7 before seeing it. I think he just meant he'd save the current, unused exploits for the next big firmware. This is nothing out of the ordinary; it's the way it's always been and it usually works. Apple typically doesn't find the exploits the devs save for the future usage before they actually use them.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

iOS 7 is months away... I may have bought a Galaxy S5 by the time the iPhone 5S/6 is released and jailbroken.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Unfortunately, this is true. I fear that Apple may have fallen too far behind on the power curve this time. iOS 7 had better be an absolutely amazing update.

8. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Indeed. iOS in essense hasn't changed, just bits have been added to it. It's refined and works well, but I want what Android has to offer and I really it want it now, not in 18 months time.

iOS 7 is the big one for me, it's taken seven generations of an operating system which desperately needs an overhaul. If it doesn't make me smile when I see it I'll definitely migrate to Android.

9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Boooo! :throwingtomatoesatiPhonewarrior:

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I don't blame John. Even I feel the call to test a new Android phone soon. How long can I keep chasing jailbreaks that may or may not appear? It gets tiresome after a while. Why can't I get simple access to my most-used settings in the notification center? Really, Apple? Will it confuse the average user that much if this is implemented?

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think we'll have settings toggles in Notification Center with iOS 7. I can feel it. It's time. We're ready for them and we won't be confused. It will look a lot like this: image.jpg

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I think you're probably right, though a lot of people probably thought the same about iOS 5 and iOS 6. And what about replying to texts within apps? The simple things?

I couldn't care less about ordering from Fandango within Siri or other amazing upgrades like that. Okay, I borrowed the Fandango gripe from Mindi, but it's also a valid one for me.

And damn it, I want my built-in IR blaster! It's no substitute for an integrated toothpaste dispenser, but it'll do!

13. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

Chasing the Jailbreaks is what made me try the Nexus 4. I wanted a phone that I could customize without rooting/jailbreaking and would also get timely OS upgrades. Lately on the iOS front, jailbreaks seem to take long to come by and don't last for that long. So if you do jailbreak, your kinda stuck at the os version you are on until a new jailbreak is out, which is ok, as long as you do not have to restore for any reason. As John and Naps alluded to, I just got tired of the game....

~S

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

1,000 points for using "alluded" instead of "eluded." Thank you.

image.jpg