iOS 7 Jailbreak Released - Official

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
The issues I see with this jailbreak are with the apps. Jay Freeman (Cydia author) wasn't even aware that it was being released; he says that the version of Cydia is not the latest and doesn't include critical changes that will require a re-release. In addition, many apps and tweaks will need to be updated before they can be used with this new jailbreak.

Given the above, I'm waiting to see how this all comes together in the next few days.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Updating phone to 7.0.4 now, then off to Jailbreak again. Hoping that BiteSMS will be updated soon as @iNurse found it wasn't working well with iOS 7 yet? :-(
Bite is one of the main reasons I jailbreak.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
For the first time, in a long time I was able to jailbreak right away. Oh how I've missed Cydia and all of it's goodies. Just in time for Christmas :)

I don't think Mr. Saurik was very happy about not having a test build to work with to iron out broken "things" i.e Mobilesubstrate.

Looking forward to seeing what tweaks will utilise iOS 7's Notification and Control Center's.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This was too rushed and not very respectful of Saurik. They didn't even give him a head's up. Now he's tired and wanting to go to sleep, but obligated to fix this stuff. I'm going to hold off. I'm too tired to restore right now (I did an OTA update to 7.0.4) and there are too many potential problems and incompatibilities until he gets mobile substrate updated.

"So, I got no lead time on evasi0n7, nor was I asked for an official iOS 7 Cydia; I was not given builds, nor was I asked for things to test."

So keep in mind Cydia might be buggy." - Saurik

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
This was too rushed and not very respectful of Saurik. They didn't even give him a head's up. Now he's tired and wanting to go to sleep, but obligated to fix this stuff. I'm going to hold off. I'm too tired to restore right now (I did an OTA update to 7.0.4) and there are too many potential problems and incompatibilities until he gets mobile substrate updated.

"So, I got no lead time on evasi0n7, nor was I asked for an official iOS 7 Cydia; I was not given builds, nor was I asked for things to test."

So keep in mind Cydia might be buggy." - Saurik
I hope this wasn't a case of "Gotta get it out before Christmas." Saurik and Cydia are the most important factors in a jailbreak besides the actual jailbreak software, and to not consult Saurik before a release is idiotic.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I hope this wasn't a case of "Gotta get it out before Christmas." Saurik and Cydia are the most important factors in a jailbreak besides the actual jailbreak software, and to not consult Saurik before a release is idiotic.
I completely agree. I think I'll wait a few days before I load it.
At least give the developers a little time to iron out their own apps and tweaks.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Jay has other things he's busy with nowadays. Cydia is no longer his baby. He's also really busy with Android so don't hold your breath.

richardya

Silver
Sep 24, 2007
Jailbreak was smoothest (for me) since the one Geohot did and they are on day one. Impressive.

There is virtually nothing to install yet though. I don't know what happened to the Cydia installer. It works differently than I remember. Either it's broken or too many downloads. I am stuck in queue without downloading.

Jay has other things he's busy with nowadays. Cydia is no longer his baby. He's also really busy with Android so don't hold your breath.
He makes a lot of money from Cydia. MyWi alone is a ton of paid downloads.

Last edited:

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Jailbreak was smoothest (for me) since the one Geohot did and they are on day one. Impressive.

There is virtually nothing to install yet though. I don't know what happened to the Cydia installer. It works differently than I remember. Either it's broken or too many downloads. I am stuck in queue without downloading.

He makes a lot of money from Cydia. MyWi alone is a ton of paid downloads.
Cydia hasn't been fully updated by Saurik yet. He says he has core functions working on Winterboard but has not pushed the update yet. Tweaks using MobileSubstrate are not going to work properly until all this is updated.