iOS 7 Rumors

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by chris, Apr 2, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Interesting thread on Branch. Apparently, iOS 7 is running behind.

#1 chris, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
  2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Even if it is behind, I hope they don't rush it and push it out too early with missing features and whatnot.

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I'm afraid iOS 7 will be yet another disappointment for those who hope to see a more "feature rich" or advanced mobile OS. I hope I'm wrong of course.

4. Grayburn

Grayburn Member
    Bronze

I do like the sound of "significant system-wide UI overhaul", looking forward to it!

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Me too - the GUI hasn't changed, I'm not saying I want significant change, just more choice.

6. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

Hopefully you're wrong, but sometimes companies get content with a stagnant software :-(. As a fan of the hugely competitive nature that is "Apple vs Android", I can only hope that it gets updated quickly :).

7. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I like Jony Ive. Stunning hardware design. But I'm concerned about his heading the software side. I'm hearing things like "[COLOR=#4beforea49]a more “flat design” that is starker and simpler".[/COLOR] I'm not necessarily looking for that in my iOS design and functionality. I like the intricate feature integration that JB offers, not something "flat".

I guess that although I'm a huge fan of the austere, clean hardware design, I want deep-featured interactive software with myriad choices to go with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It'll be hard to hide the UI when the betas start coming out...

#8 Napoleon PhoneApart, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I don't think they will have to continue hiding it at that point. They typically unveil the new iOS' at the WWDC right before the betas are made available.

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You're right. Not sure why I got the timetable mixed up.

11. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Alzheimer's anyone? :D

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Not that funny.

13. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Oh I see you're grumpy again... Talk to you later bud

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Not grumpy. My sister-in-law's mother has Alzheimer's. I just don't joke about it much. Sorry.

15. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

An apology is in order, I thought this was a common enough joke, but if it bothers you, then it does not matter. I apologize and thanks for elaborating.

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

No problem.

17. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

I was talking to a mate the other day about both the iPhone 5 and IOS7
    And I mentioned that I have started to get bored with the latest IOS. When I upgraded from the 4S to the iPhone 5 it was because I'm used to iPhone, the way it works both the hardware and the OS.
    Galaxy and Linux are bringing other phones out that are more customisable, yes we have a jailbreak but I fed up with Apple making us fight to customise out phones.
    My contract has a year to go so they have until then to keep me interested.

Sent using iCafe app

18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

That's why I evaluate one new Android phone each year. I like the larger screens, and each new Android phone I test gets closer to what I want.

19. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I think you'll find the hardware is finally on par or may even exceed the iPhone 5. The software is getting better and so are the apps. I'm not fond of the inconsistent uses of the back button. May just be that my brain is wired to not use a back button or to use an in-app back.

There are parts of the bigger display that I like, but I find myself struggling at times with the bigger device. Whether it's trying to change volume or power on with one hand, I feel like I'm testing the reach limit of my fingers. I think a 4.3-inch is the ultimate sweet spot, but no one makes a premium device at that size.

I go back and forth between devices, but this last time has to be the longest I've gone using an Android phone. I do feel an urge to get back to my iOS apps, which I love dearly. I said it last week, but the SIM card pull is probably coming this week.

20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I've never really had a problem with Android hardware, but the UI and apps have always left me wanting. It seems to get closer with each new Android phone I test, so we'll see how it goes with the HTC One Developer Edition (just threw the "Developer Edition" part in there to sound geeky and wise). I got fed up up with the Galaxy S3 last year because of what I thought was a problem it was having with editing on this particular forum (I can't remember now what it was doing) and I returned it pretty much in a rage.. Then I discovered shortly thereafter that my iPhone was doing the same damned thing, so I judged the S3 a little harshly there. This forum still does goofy things with my iPhone, but I just soldier on. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List