iOS 7 Rumors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Even if it is behind, I hope they don't rush it and push it out too early with missing features and whatnot.
I'm afraid iOS 7 will be yet another disappointment for those who hope to see a more "feature rich" or advanced mobile OS. I hope I'm wrong of course.

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
I'm afraid iOS 7 will be yet another disappointment for those who hope to see a more "feature rich" or advanced mobile OS. I hope I'm wrong of course.

Hopefully you're wrong, but sometimes companies get content with a stagnant software :-(. As a fan of the hugely competitive nature that is "Apple vs Android", I can only hope that it gets updated quickly :).

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
I like Jony Ive. Stunning hardware design. But I'm concerned about his heading the software side. I'm hearing things like "[COLOR=#4beforea49]a more “flat design” that is starker and simpler".[/COLOR] I'm not necessarily looking for that in my iOS design and functionality. I like the intricate feature integration that JB offers, not something "flat".

I guess that although I'm a huge fan of the austere, clean hardware design, I want deep-featured interactive software with myriad choices to go with it.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
An apology is in order, I thought this was a common enough joke, but if it bothers you, then it does not matter. I apologize and thanks for elaborating.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
I was talking to a mate the other day about both the iPhone 5 and IOS7
And I mentioned that I have started to get bored with the latest IOS. When I upgraded from the 4S to the iPhone 5 it was because I'm used to iPhone, the way it works both the hardware and the OS.
Galaxy and Linux are bringing other phones out that are more customisable, yes we have a jailbreak but I fed up with Apple making us fight to customise out phones.
My contract has a year to go so they have until then to keep me interested.

Sent using iCafe app

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I was talking to a mate the other day about both the iPhone 5 and IOS7
And I mentioned that I have started to get bored with the latest IOS. When I upgraded from the 4S to the iPhone 5 it was because I'm used to iPhone, the way it works both the hardware and the OS.
Galaxy and Linux are bringing other phones out that are more customisable, yes we have a jailbreak but I fed up with Apple making us fight to customise out phones.
My contract has a year to go so they have until then to keep me interested.

Sent using iCafe app
That's why I evaluate one new Android phone each year. I like the larger screens, and each new Android phone I test gets closer to what I want.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
That's why I evaluate one new Android phone each year. I like the larger screens, and each new Android phone I test gets closer to what I want.
I think you'll find the hardware is finally on par or may even exceed the iPhone 5. The software is getting better and so are the apps. I'm not fond of the inconsistent uses of the back button. May just be that my brain is wired to not use a back button or to use an in-app back.

There are parts of the bigger display that I like, but I find myself struggling at times with the bigger device. Whether it's trying to change volume or power on with one hand, I feel like I'm testing the reach limit of my fingers. I think a 4.3-inch is the ultimate sweet spot, but no one makes a premium device at that size.

I go back and forth between devices, but this last time has to be the longest I've gone using an Android phone. I do feel an urge to get back to my iOS apps, which I love dearly. I said it last week, but the SIM card pull is probably coming this week.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I think you'll find the hardware is finally on par or may even exceed the iPhone 5...
I've never really had a problem with Android hardware, but the UI and apps have always left me wanting. It seems to get closer with each new Android phone I test, so we'll see how it goes with the HTC One Developer Edition (just threw the "Developer Edition" part in there to sound geeky and wise). I got fed up up with the Galaxy S3 last year because of what I thought was a problem it was having with editing on this particular forum (I can't remember now what it was doing) and I returned it pretty much in a rage.. Then I discovered shortly thereafter that my iPhone was doing the same damned thing, so I judged the S3 a little harshly there. This forum still does goofy things with my iPhone, but I just soldier on. :)