iOS 8.0.2 is out and won't kill your cell service

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Apple has released iOS 8.0.2. Okay, so let's try this again. This is basically the same release as iOS 8.0.1. However, it doesn't include that fun feature that rendered phones without cell service or Touch ID. Yep, this one keeps your iPhone a phone!

Again, here's your change log:
  • Fixes a bug so HealthKit apps can now be made available on the App Store
  • Addresses an issue where 3rd party keyboards could become deselected when a user enters their passcode
  • Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from accessing photos from the Photo Library
  • Improves the reliability of the Reachability feature on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
  • Fixes an issue that could cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS/MMS messages
  • Better support of Ask To Buy for Family Sharing for In-App Purchases
  • Fixes an issue where ringtones were sometimes not restored from iCloud backups
  • Fixes a bug that prevented uploading photos and videos from Safari

Last edited:

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Apple has released iOS 8.0.2. Okay, so let's try this again. This is basically the same release as iOS 8.0.1. However, it doesn't include that fun feature that rendered phones without cell service or Touch ID. Yep, this one keeps your iPhone a phone!

Again, here's your change log:
  • Fixes a bug so HealthKit apps can now be made available on the App Store
  • Addresses an issue where 3rd party keyboards could become deselected when a user enters their passcode
  • Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from accessing photos from the Photo Library
  • Improves the reliability of the Reachability feature on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
  • Fixes an issue that could cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS/MMS messages
  • Better support of Ask To Buy for Family Sharing for In-App Purchases
  • Fixes an issue where ringtones were sometimes not restored from iCloud backups
  • Fixes a bug that prevented uploading photos and videos from Safari
When would this be available for iphone 5 ? I have not yet received any update bubble for 8.0.1 also ....

Sent from my iphone5

Last edited by a moderator:

Zzz

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 13, 2014
So this one "officially" works? Nothing negative reported so far? I'm just checking, double checking and triple checking before I do the OTA upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using iCafe App.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Almost all good here. Haven't checked everything on my 5. But this came up as soon as I opened the phone. I had been getting it some on iOS 8. Anyone have a clue?
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1411695779.276185.jpg

Zzz

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 13, 2014
I may have an issue... I downloaded but did not install the update yesterday OTA.. iphone 5S says I need to install it and it only shows 8.0.1 as the latest available.. how do I get rid of the download?
Settings > General > Usage > Storage > Find the update from the list and delete it.

Zzz

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 13, 2014
Just installed 8.0.2 via OTA and all good, no issues. :)