iOS 8.1.1 Beta Released To Developers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
iOS 8.1.1 Beta has been released to developers, featuring performance/stability enhancements and bug fixes. Blood glucose tracking has been removed after suffering some issues
Wow, I wonder what the issues were... is it what I suspect it might be... The ongoing issue with blood sugar measurement units used in the US vs. the rest of the world?

...And if so, are we sure we want to entrust our health to some programmers who can't figure out how to adequately convert from mmol/L to mg/dL and vice versa?

I bet Europa could probably do this in her sleep :)

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Let me clarify. Blood glucose tracking has apparently been temporarily disabled. From AppleInsider:

Notably, display of blood glucose data has been temporarily disabled for the Health app as Apple works to add compatibility with devices that display the metric in mmol/L. Currently, the Health app does not allow manual input of data using that particular unit of measurement, so it will be removed to avoid confusion. While a fix is being engineered, third-party developers can still access the APIs, however.